is this a standard lcr exhaust?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
What company have you used Sparkie ? :) I understand its 270 for a catback right? :)

Yup 270 all inclusive.
Company called Custom Pipes, basically a one man band operation with no advertising and only word of mouth to get customers.
Which is why they are such good value. They also do 304 stainless which is the best and he gaurantees for life of car. Told me if I ever have a problem or a rattle to come strait back no questions asked. Very nice guy called Ryan. He knows his stuff too and used to do rolling road stuff so can tailor to one's needs. Only thing is it's in Doncaster but as I posted yesterday, drove up there slowly and did 41mpg so only cost about 24 quid each way in fuel, probably more on the way back as I wanted to hear the new exhaust. Car definately feels more responsive too
4440867287_b5a25f8553_m.jpg
New pipe:D
4439958739_ebf5639f40_m.jpg

Old one. See the damage from being under stress because hanger had snapped, the heat shield has cracked both sides.:blink:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Yeah nice guys, good service, worth the drive. I was going up to Lincoln anyway so it made sense.
Cheers for the tip mate.

Resonated has a middle silencer, non-res has a straight pipe to the backbox.

Easy way to check, stick your head under and see if you have a middle silencer..

checked, io DO have a middle silencer, so resonated, but not for long! am gonna do away with the middle tone choker i reckon, so on that note ..

anybody know the thickness of the wall on the millteks? its 70mm diameter, im thinking if i can get the right bit of stainless steel pipe my handy welding friend could do a cut and weld for me, unless of course anybody wants to swap a non res mid section for res?

DONE!

iv deresonated the ol milltek, and to my ear it sounds muchous better!

its not stupidly loud, but definitaly a much nicer hum, and it gets slightly larry on the high revs with a nice wee pop on the occasional downshift :rocker:

anyone whos looking to do similar -

the milltek is 70mm outside diameter, the pipe i used to replace the mid silencer is 76.10 mm o/d with a 2mm wall thickness (so internal 72.10 mm)

this was a fairly perfect fit as the milltek flares out slightly as it joins the silencer, so good fit.

grind the old silencer off, put the new pipe in, put it on the car and spot weld in place to make sure you get it right, once done take it off, give it a good welding, slap it on and enjoy, also use stainless welding wire as its stronger and wont compromise the strentgh of the system (if done right).

i bought a meter of pipe and used less than half, if anyone wants the other half you can have it, il be at crail on june 20th along with the Seat squad, or dundee whenever.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members