is this regarded as lip mode?

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
is this regarded as limp mode?

hi experiencing somethin strange with my 51 plate lc,
while gentle driving between 2000-3500rpm my boost can cut and come back
slightly lower ie drivin with little throttle then it will cut and come back with less pull.it doesnt happen from 2000-3500 i get it randomly between those rev points in 1st 2nd or 3rd. is it something best looked at by dealer to see wot has a fault or can this be narrowed down to maf , dv or n 75?

Last edited:

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
no havent mate im actually waiting on slick with his dash mounted gauge
so soon as his parts arrive and gets time i should have 1 coming.
the funny thing is my car goes like stink when i give it some just with slow driving it seems to do as i mentioned in the first post.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
When you hit limp mode, you need to turn the ignition off and restart to regain boost back, so i dont think its hitting limp.

You can try a battery disconnect and TBA.

Disconnect battery for 20 mins (Just take -ve end off)
Reconnect and turn the ignition on. Do not start the engine.

Listen for an audible long beep, when this is finished it is safe to restart engine.

Drive it and see if the fault re occurs.

If it does, my bet is on you have a surging N75 valve, boost can rise very quickly and drop at a slight press of the throttle.

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
i tried the disconnect battery reconnect after 20 mins and the car feels different but what i was worried about is that i put the ignition on for a good 5 mins [not starting] and i didnt hear a chim so i thought surely 5 mins would be long enough so i started the car and as i said feels different.
would problems with the n 75 cause poor consumtion aswell?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Dont worry about that, as long as you disconnected and reconnected, and left it over a minute from putting key in ignition it would have done the throttle body allignment okay.

Is the surging still happening? What do you mean it feels different? Better?

If its still happening it is more than likely you need a new N75 valve. There is a couple in the sales section at the moment for £25ish

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116222

Dont say im not good to you;)

However saying that it ''may'' not even be the N75 valve causing you problems. There are other suspects like MAF/DV also.

However if i were a betting man i'd say the symptoms your describing are down to N75:)

Last edited:

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
i think i need to give a few more runs to be certain but it does seem to e less surgey and hasnt cut back yet but i do have the intention of changing the dv to a split r valve and trying out the n75 j valve and see what i get then.

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
ok nice 1 guys finally got round to sortin the n75 and its sorted it
the local seat dealer said worst case scenario would be the waste gate but syptoms didnt indicate such a problem i.e cuttin boost on part throttle then back.
i chose to fit the j valve to see if there would be any difference cos i ve heard people have had power gains, although ive only had it fitted today straight its a smoother delivery but not as punchy, weather it be cos the old 1 was surging or weather im just not gettin the extra power.
but good thing is the problem is gone! :D

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
trouble again guys not gettin full effect of havin the j valve and i dont think thats was the only reason i had those symptoms as its happenin again :cry:
is the waste gate a likelt cause or should i see about gettin vag-com?

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
ok problem still there but not obvious.
through the thread posted in #18 some good ideas have come up but to avoid anymore confusion i have decided to start posting here as it seems to different problems are being discussed in thread linked in post #18.
idea is that the ic hyopses could be causing my low rev issue through splitting on the inside or the possibility the bmc cda i have fitted may caused this effect also.

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
Since my Golf was revo'd, the power output has been up and down, i.e. one minute it will be pretty flat, then a few minutes later it will be really quick.

Along with this problem, when using light throttle between 2k - 3k rpm it hesitates, the power comes and goes repeatedly in cycles of around 1 second, so you get kind of a kangerooing effect, this stops completely if you accelerate harder.

From what I can tell there are no boost leaks, no vaccum leaks, the N249 is operating correctly and the DV does not leak. There are no faults showing on the ECU.

The N75 is new, and I've tried another MAF, which read slightly higher than mine, but provided no noticable difference in the way the car drives. My maf peaks at 162g/s, the other that I tried peaked at 169g/s.

The car drove perfectly before being revo'd. For two days after the Revo it was great, and then the problems started. I resolved the problem by bypassing the N249, but the problem return when I connected it back up, so that sounds like the cause then. Well no, because I have since bypassed it again, but it made no difference to the way the car behaves.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.