Japlac Caliper repair - before and after images

myneek

Oct 13, 2009
Winchester, UK
picture.php

BEFORE

picture.php

AFTER

TBH the red in the after is not that bright! but is defo a different shade. Tried to do the seat sport in white but it looked rubbish so i left it as red.

Comments? Did I make a mistake?

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Can't you get a White sticker and put it on? If not mate I'd leave it, you'll never even notice it, it's just cos of the angle of the photo etc

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Why not just use aggressive polish on them?

They are well pitted so polish will do nothing for them. If I had the ££ I'd replace them.

Looks like a good job with the paint mate. I think great_kahn means a polish to remove the paint from the raised letters, it will then be back to metal and look great against the new red. I would replace the bleed nipple covers too!

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
Am I the only one that thinks the look poor? Dont like them at all esp the colour. As mentioned above........def sand the paint of the seat sport bit.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Am I the only one that thinks the look poor? Dont like them at all esp the colour. As mentioned above........def sand the paint of the seat sport bit.

I can't say I like the finish either. The colour looks wrong as well.

I'd try to get the letters back to bare metal with some fine wet n dry on a flat block, then finish with autosol to make the letters nice and shiny :)

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
I think they look :censored:, wrong colour, painted over the bleed nipples and pad retaining springs, i would have left them as is :whistle:

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Not a bad job myneek considering it sounds like you left them fitted while you did it... but to be honest it would have produced a better result if you had masked off the bleed nipple and screws.
You can get seat sport caliper stickers from the bay if you want the letters to stand out again, then lacquer over them so they don`t peel straight off.

Personally I`ve never liked brightly painted calipers because they look chav IMO, even when they are coloured as standard - plus you have to keep them clean then! sod that.

Got a 312mm conversion that I`m cleaning up ready to put on and I`m going for hammerite black so they DON`T stand out... I prefer subtle.

myneek

Oct 13, 2009
Winchester, UK
Each to there own. Saw a yellow leon with yellow calipers. Will get the nipples replaced, they were pitted to f**k

picture.php

Here is a "better" but not much picture. Honestly they don't stand out that much...

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
The colour looks loads better in that pic. I'd just get some rubber bleed nipple covers and not bother with the hassle of changing the nipple. I'd also try to get the seat sport lettering back to bare metal

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.