Just had Eibach pro street fitted

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
All you've got to do is buy some spring compressors (£20 halfords) to take the springs out, then unscrew the adjuster cup out then replace the spring. I took the wheel off to do it and used a 20mm socket and a spanner. Its not hard but it might take u a while depending on your mechanical knowledge. Took me quite a while especially on the drivers side.......fookin fuel tank stuff!! Once its done it should lower your car about 5mm, making it the right ride height compared to the front! You will hate your car by the end of it :cartman:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
what was the measurement of your spigot???

No short enough for the 15mm spacers to fit on. I don't know the exact measurement. But like I say the 15mm spacers would sit flush to the hub because the spigot was too long. The 15mms use longer bolts whereas the 20mms bolt through the spacer into the hub, then you bolt your wheel into the spacer. Much better than longs bolts imo.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
All you've got to do is buy some spring compressors (£20 halfords) to take the springs out, then unscrew the adjuster cup out then replace the spring. I took the wheel off to do it and used a 20mm socket and a spanner. Its not hard but it might take u a while depending on your mechanical knowledge. Took me quite a while especially on the drivers side.......fookin fuel tank stuff!! Once its done it should lower your car about 5mm, making it the right ride height compared to the front! You will hate your car by the end of it :cartman:

why would you do it like that :confused:

all you need to do is jack the car up at the back put axle stands under the car and adjust the coilover height while still on the car. and if you want to remove them just undo the 14mm lower shock absorber bolt and it will drop the whole axle and then just take springs out and unbolt the adjuster, job done :shrug:

Deleted member 13581

Argh!!!

I wrote a speal about how to do this and youve beat me to it. :lol:

As Rash says, all you need to do is undo the bolt at the base and let the axel drop. No wheel off and can be done in 10mins.

You may need to se the jack to allign the holes up again. Easy peasy. :D

Tall-Paul

Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
So ive done it the a**e about t*t way then lol. Well its done now! Does anyone know if removing the rubber bits at the top of the spring is s good idea? or even replacing them with thinner ones?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
you dont even need to undo the lower bolts to adjust it! just jack it up ect and using the C shaped keys twist the lower thread left then screw the top thread down onto it to lock it.

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
Decided to leave he back as it is:p i can't stress anymore how good this kit is. Couple of weeks ago i was slating my car and thinking of buying a 1.8T. I love my car again now, i just want to drive it all the time now. custom code beckons[B)]

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
Yes very happy indeed:p Here's some more pics if anyone's interested.

IMAGE_00005-1.jpg

frontside.jpg

rear.jpg

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
One thing though, on certain bumps there is slight scratching on both front wheels onto the arches,would adjusting the camber fix this. Tell you the truth though it doesn't bother me that much, makes me feel as if i'm drving a touring car:lol:

Tall-Paul

Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
you might find that with diesels you could be catching the plastic undertray where the sump is, especially on those half speed bumps. Mine does so i have to go over them with 1 wheel

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise