K03s -> K04 001 on revo stg 2 info...What to expect...

No Fear

Hello all...

Ok i am done modding my car *seat ibiza cupra 20vt petrol 2007model...hit a dead wall since i got no other engine mods to do, as well as brake - handling etc...

So my question is this

I am runing revo stg 2 on 9 boost 9 timing on my K03s (30 000km)

I got a 3inch dp- decat or 100cpsi cat- and 63.5mm cat back unresonated.
Neuspeed thermostat,
Evoheatshield gasket
Stock Cupra FMIC
Bosch F5DP0R sparks
Forge TIP
Forge 006 bov
Pipercross C0177 filter....

blah blah....

I know that revo stage 2 can support the K04 001 turbine.

Any info from guys that have gone for this upgrade would be great.

TBH i would like to know without modding anything else what extra power figures should i expect.

In detail on a drag run, what would be the gain? Measured in car distance...

I hope you understand what i mean...

:p

EDIT i just made this post using my brothers account due to posting from his pc already logged in lol. My nick is Brwmogazos anyways... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
From what I've read on here, a k04-001 is basically a k03s, so you probably won't see any real gains. You could hybridize your k03s...?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Kieth @ APR said that the k04-001 is actualy a upgrade on the k03s ans that he has seen gains of 20 bhp over a k03s...

Deamox1fy

The 001 is a straight bolt-on kit which delivers power gains of around 15bhp - 25bhp. No other mods required, just straight slap on. Where'd you get the evoheatshield gaskets from? I'd like to get hold of some for myself. Please let me know bro

No Fear

So if i go for the upgrade kit by INA....

with the high flow manifold and the 04 001...using the revo remap without any other mods i should gain another 20hp?

out of the box?

I was thinking going hybrid swapping my remap too, etc...however they claim arround 290-300 hp.

Several people i have asked told me no way you can get those figures. My main concern is not this though....its how durable would the hybrid turbo be...I dont live in the UK either so....hmhhm i am skeptic

No Fear

Forgot.

got the evoheatshiled from a dealer here in greece.

Unitronic.gr

however they are sourcing them by the US (dunno where from though).

Deamox1fy

I wouldn't say with the high flow manifold, just the 001 should give you a decent gain of 15 - 25hp. More power does not always mean go faster. A remap would be required yes, little bit more boost etc etc. Put it this way, I've got friend with a Cupra K04 - 021 and he's making 301hp with that setup. S3 injectors, maf, turbo manifold and the extra typical changes. So I doubt that kind of power with a 001.

What is your 1/4mile time now? I see your car is pretty worked. I'm from South Africa, CPI Chiptuning. A CPI cupra 1.8T here did a time of 13.6 over the 1/4mile with semi's, software and full exhaust so that's a rough indication of what these babies can do. Alot of thought and testing have gone into these machines to basically perfect them. This same Cupra is the fastest 1.8T in South Africa with stock turbo. Now, a Leon Cupra pushing over 300wkw didn't even do that time, for the simple reason that the power isn't being put down right. Just my opinion on that one.

PM me for details on what other cars have done and remapping. Does the heatgasket make a big difference? And what's the cost more or less?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise