K1 blueflame full turbo back exhaust developed

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
was £750 including fitting mate? I was kind of hoping you were having the full tbe fitted and therefore be able to comment on the sound of it. Whats the quality of the dp like?

Poverty

was £750 including fitting mate? I was kind of hoping you were having the full tbe fitted and therefore be able to comment on the sound of it. Whats the quality of the dp like?

No I dont think that was with fitting. Fitting should be about hour and a halfs labour I would have thought.

Havent seen the DP myself but apparently the milly dp is of better quality.

The car has less of the wooshy backpressure noise now, but is more growl, and has a deeper tone on tickover.

Performance wise, the turbo now spools up stupid quick, car is really responsive. It didnt go on the dyno but it will do when I get the brake fluid and pads changed.

I dont think a cat back is required performance wise, but I will get the cat back fitted eventually for some added noise. Will most likely do another dyno run after the catback is fitted but I cant see it make any real difference TBH.

AMD commented on how it has made a major difference. Think me and h8t wp are the first cars were they have done the uprated dp to standard cat back, and they werent too sure what the results would be.

So for anyone who just wants the added extra performance at a reduced price all you really need is the DP and dont bother with the cat back.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Surely the increased flow is just getting bunged up in the o/e cat back. I know i had massive gas rush from the poor quality back box so yours must be about to melt!

Poverty

Surely the increased flow is just getting bunged up in the o/e cat back. I know i had massive gas rush from the poor quality back box so yours must be about to melt!

thats what AMD mentioned, but lets see how things go once the car gets a major kicking, it seems all dandy at the moment, are there are two other cars in the UK that I know of that have had this done and they seem to be alright.

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
When i fitted the Milly Cat back i felt the car was more responsive, only slighty, but definately better, the the biggest inprovment is with the noise, its deeper but quieter under most conditions, and best of all, the excessively loud rasping has gone completely.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
No I dont think that was with fitting. Fitting should be about hour and a halfs labour I would have thought.

Havent seen the DP myself but apparently the milly dp is of better quality.

AMD commented on how it has made a major difference. Think me and h8t wp are the first cars were they have done the uprated dp to standard cat back, and they werent too sure what the results would be.

So for anyone who just wants the added extra performance at a reduced price all you really need is the DP and dont bother with the cat back.

Was it AMD that commented it wasn't as good as a Milltek then I take it (Quality wise?)

Wonder what they meant materials or weld/craftsmanship.

Poverty

Was it AMD that commented it wasn't as good as a Milltek then I take it (Quality wise?)

Wonder what they meant materials or weld/craftsmanship.

Not sure tbh, its just what h8t wp has told me so could have been.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Not sure tbh, its just what h8t wp has told me so could have been.

OK mate.

Glad your happy with the way your's turned out.

I'd seen the clips of the K1 on Blueflames website, but I don't think it gives a very good indication of what the full TBE would sound like in real life :shrug:

Poverty

OK mate.

Glad your happy with the way your's turned out.

I'd seen the clips of the K1 on Blueflames website, but I don't think it gives a very good indication of what the full TBE would sound like in real life :shrug:

Neither do I mate, them vids are rubbish.

Not sure whether cat back will be milly, bf, or custom yet.

Poverty

What is it that would influence your decision mate?

price, sound, style.

I could possibly get the 3 criterias as above spot on if I go the custom route, but trouble is finding a good custom exhaust place.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
price, sound, style.

I could possibly get the 3 criterias as above spot on if I go the custom route, but trouble is finding a good custom exhaust place.

My hang up is sound, don't want anything too loud, then price. Got to be an oval styled tail pipe for me too.

I'd hate to get somethi9ng to only find it was too loud.

Poverty

My hang up is sound, don't want anything too loud, then price. Got to be an oval styled tail pipe for me too.

I'd hate to get somethi9ng to only find it was too loud.

Well I dont know what the blueflame cat back is like but it seems to me that a milly would suit your needs.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Well I dont know what the blueflame cat back is like but it seems to me that a milly would suit your needs.

only advantage is its a full 3" system so should sound a lot better in real life mate.
i have enquired about a group buy which they are willing to do for at least 10 buyers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members