Latest software update is now 1898

Sep 13, 2022
After still having problems with the 1896 software update a couple of weeks ago the Seat garage that did the update has just had my car for a couple of days and updated the software to 1898. The master technician said it was released last week. On my 45 mile journey home I’m pleased to say the car worked perfectly.
Hi
After three trips to the service center software was upgraded to 1898 and it seems the SOS error and intermittent problems have gone away. However, on starting the car and driving 50 meters we have a new error. 12V vehicle electrical system. Stop vehicle safely? The service center weren't able to apply a fix for this so it looks like they'll call us once they have a solution. The car is also under recall due to a fire risk with electrical arcing of some description. Hope they aren't related. Only a few service centers have trained engineers but the closest an hour away doesn't have spare parts for this and will call us once they have stock. Hopefully once these issues are fixed this is the last time to the service center for a while. Anybody else had the 12V error and knows how to get it fixed?

Attachments

• error message.jpg
    error message.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 310
Jul 22, 2022
Hi
After three trips to the service center software was upgraded to 1898 and it seems the SOS error and intermittent problems have gone away. However, on starting the car and driving 50 meters we have a new error. 12V vehicle electrical system. Stop vehicle safely? The service center weren't able to apply a fix for this so it looks like they'll call us once they have a solution. The car is also under recall due to a fire risk with electrical arcing of some description. Hope they aren't related. Only a few service centers have trained engineers but the closest an hour away doesn't have spare parts for this and will call us once they have stock. Hopefully once these issues are fixed this is the last time to the service center for a while. Anybody else had the 12V error and knows how to get it fixed?
Same as you. After TCU FW upgrade to v142, system to 1898 and recall (2 recall with one related to cable), problems are gone.. reactivity is very good, CarPlay works fine, without lag. Only make 300kms right know but all works fine

Reactions: jonwatts

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
The car is also under recall due to a fire risk with electrical arcing of some description
This is the main drive battery fuse I believe.
Very little chance of it happening but IF and it is a very big IF the main fuse blows - they have realised there is not enough sand in the fuse body to completely stop a spark getting out of the body.
The fix is a new fuse with more sand filling.

Reactions: jonwatts
Sep 15, 2022
Hello,
Has the 1898 sorted all the issues out with the infotainment system, or are some bugs still lurking?
Is 1898 still the latest, my Formentor gets delivered on the 29th and I want to make sure the dealer upgrades the system to the latest during the PDI
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Sep 13, 2022
The SOS message and infotainment issues are fixed from what we can see from three weeks driving. It's just the 12v and now a red battery warning that we are dealing with which started on leaving the service center. So this could well be related or an issue that was hidden previously due to faulty software. Seat customer care manager is trying to get resolution via the dealership CityGate. Will let you know as and when we get this fixed.
The only news i received is that for the recall issue they are increasing trained engineers from 8 centers nationally to 32. The problem is that there are no spare parts to resolve the fire risk as we learnt when we tried booking the car into one of the 8 centers.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
So, I explained this in another post but am curious?
I tried seeing what I’m currently running but am unable to see due to a window saying it requires an update, however other than this I have no other indication that I need an update (So no red dot indicating an update or alert) as the infotainment hasn’t been giving me any bother I’ve left well alone.
How do you know if it’s an update needing doing at a dealer as opposed to the kind you can do at home ota?🥴🤨
You will know if your car infotainment and or some safety systems (SOS, ACC) playing up. You should still be able to go into the information screen to see what version you are.

Sep 6, 2022
Hello,
Has the 1898 sorted all the issues out with the infotainment system, or are some bugs still lurking?
Is 1898 still the latest, my Formentor gets delivered on the 29th and I want to make sure the dealer upgrades the system to the latest during the PDI
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
Hi Lambman, in my case sadly not. Had the update about 3 weeks ago.

Still getting the pop every now and again & the infotainment system is still not booting from correctly - 3 times this week. Once last week & several times the week before.

When the screen won't boot I'm getting errors on front assist, rear parking sensor failure, no Navigation, Phone or compass.

To top it all off, lane keep has nearly had me off the road twice this week when passing parked cars on the Nearside without indicating - for some reason or other it decides it wants to drive in the oncoming lane!!

Plus car has a whine in second gear, parts are still on order - still no forecast on arrival.

My wife has MS & now won't drive the car as she is frightened of it.

Reactions: Supa Koopa

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
So, I explained this in another post but am curious?
I tried seeing what I’m currently running but am unable to see due to a window saying it requires an update, however other than this I have no other indication that I need an update (So no red dot indicating an update or alert) as the infotainment hasn’t been giving me any bother I’ve left well alone.
How do you know if it’s an update needing doing at a dealer as opposed to the kind you can do at home ota?🥴🤨
sounds like an over the air update ,you wouldn't get notifcation for a dealer update

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
sounds like an over the air update ,you wouldn't get notifcation for a dealer update
Cheers, I’m actually at the dealers tomorrow for investigation, it only shows as requesting an update when you try to see what version your using which seems odd, when I did attempt it (the update) it spooked me asking all these different download options, as you’d expect if it was an engineering page?

Mar 3, 2023
I’ve just picked up a 21 plate FR sport and was assured all software updates were done .. but I noticed it’s 1803 whereas it looks like the latest one for my car is 1896 ?
Do I download myself or is it a garage job ??

mtia Mike

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I’ve just picked up a 21 plate FR sport and was assured all software updates were done .. but I noticed it’s 1803 whereas it looks like the latest one for my car is 1896 ?
Do I download myself or is it a garage job ??

mtia Mike
I guess you mean a SEAT Leon FR sport ?

Dont know if they come with the same software level as the Formentor.

Regardless - Not sure you can force an update.
It is either an Over The Air update or a dealer thing.

Sep 13, 2022
I guess you mean a SEAT Leon FR sport ?

Dont know if they come with the same software level as the Formentor.

Regardless - Not sure you can force an update.
It is either an Over The Air update or a dealer thing.
This needed to be done at the dealership. After 1 or 2 weeks of upgrading to 1898 the hardware unit completely failed. I.e blank screen and no hearing controls and limited safety functionality. Took 3 weeks to get dealership slot, 2 months at dealership being told part would arrive in a week. Unable to sell car because it didn’t work properly. Wife fed up so eventually got it back and sold it. Issues may have been finally fixed but 18 months of issues was too much. No courtesy car and the view of the manufacturer is that the car was still drivable.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise