LCR 210 - Do they have heated front windscreens?

stubbsy05

I've got autoglass coming out on Thursday to fit me a new windscreen. Just had a call from the woman asking me if its a heated front screen.

I'm being blonde. Am I right in thinking they are not heated? I know there is a button above 'Auto' on the climate control but that is a demister?

Cheers

Deleted member 20376

no i dont think any of the seats come with heated screens, ive only known them to be on fords. but dont hold me too it.

Disco_Mikey

Dec 28, 2009
Dundee, Scotland
Mine isnt either, but I have wondered about when mine does eventually need replaced, If you are able to have a heated one fitted, and wire it up yourself to a seperate switch and timer relays etc. Would it be possible?

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Ford had the original patent which is why it's almost eclusively Ford's that have them........bl00dy strange question from autoglass given they are the 'experts'

The patent expired but most manufacturers still don't use them

Oh btw stubbsy after the windoscreen is done check your washers work correctly..........they often forget to reconnect them

Last edited:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Used to work for Land Rover, and every model had them from Range Rover right down to Freelander and even a Defender...

Thought nearly every manufacturer had them as an option?

Land Rover were one of the only companies who paid Ford for the right to use them.

I thought the patent was up this year? Although thats from internet heresay so could be wrong

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
i had this when mine needing replacing, nearly 2yrs ago now.
all the research i did & no seat did not do this as an option on any cars. They couldn't explain to me how they had on system and wouldn't even fit one when asked to so i could get harness or anything to make work.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.