LCR Brakes

Cupra R 84

Hey there!
Think its time to get some new front brake pads for my LCR and I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to whether I get BREMBO pads or FERODO etc. Can anyone shed some light on which pads to get, costs and wher's best to get them.
All help will be fully appreciated
Cheers!

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Galfer supply to Brembo, who supply to SEAT, who supply to you = £130
Galfer supply to you = ~£50 std (1045) or upgraded (1055) ~£70

(pads aren't listed on the web page but just e-mail or call them)

Fitting guide should you need it.

Last edited:

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Galfer = need new disks in 6 months, don't do it, see threads of a couple of weeks ago

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Having tried a few different sets of pads the Ferrodo DS2500 were a great compromise, improved bite and feel with only very slightly more brake dust and no scoring.

I'd recomend trying to fit them yourself as it's remarkably easy on an LCR

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i've got EBC redstuff on my LCR and they work well after a bit of warming up, they are a bit noisey though.

Javelin Sam

i have EBC Grooved and dimpled discs and Green Stuff pads on my Mini.. they are amazing.. the stopping power is very forcefull and stopping distances are greatly reduced

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
What are Greenstuff like?

Crap.

These are more effective.
rs12i05a.jpg

Last edited:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
i have EBC Grooved and dimpled discs and Green Stuff pads on my Mini.. they are amazing.. the stopping power is very forcefull and stopping distances are greatly reduced

The only disks I have seen for LCR's are made by Brembo doubt EBC do a fitment for the LCR.

Neeleyveeley on these forums ran Greenstuff pads with OEM disks and thought they were fine IIRC, not massively better than Brembo / Galfer OEM pads

Cupra R 84

Hey There!
Thanks to all that replied help is much apreciated. Think I'm gunna go for the FERODO's Just another question where's best to get them. I live in North Yorkshire if thats any help

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.