LCR - DP+Exhaust or FMIC?

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Hi!
I have a remapped LCR, dyno at 243/345nm, boosting at 1,5 bar.
BMC SP12, nothing else.

What sould I go for?
3" DP + Exhaust or Forge FMIC?

A bit temped by the DP, cause I want to quicker spool up...

What are the HP gains? About 5-10hp for both?

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
the dp and exhaust is what i went for,sounds much better,and the turbo is louder.you get around 10bhp gain from it.

whereas the FMIC does help,people reckon it doesnt help much...unless its heavily modified

May 13, 2007
Denmark
I think the problem with the FMIC is that on the rollers, they get better cooling than the side mounted and therefore the power gain is "bigger"... Seems like many dyno's doesnt pay much attention to the side mounted, most of them have the airfan in the center of the car...

But I could be wrong...

I dont want more sound, just more flow, but I think they follow each other...

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
i think with the front mount you will get slightly and i mean slightly more boost...and will be better for the engine in the long run, especially in the hot months...whereas the exhaust will feel like money well spent....

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Front mount will not increase your power much if any thing at all.You will see an increase in torque though, and more consistant power.
With a front mount i noticed a good improvement in top end pull compared to side mounts were it started to tail off before.Also with side mounts it didnt take long for heatsoak to affect them and this really was noticable with power being held back by ecu as temps started to rise quickly.
As Bret says,now warmer weather is coming it will be more noticable.Just for interest i found a reduction in power/top end pull after ambient temp went above 15 degrees.So not that hot really.
With front mount on, it now pulls consistant no matter what.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Gubien

You could get a Phenolic spacer to help the intake manifold stay cooler eliminating heat soak (about £40) and get the 3" DP and freer flowing exhaust.
you will not feel the change with spending £700 on a FMIC but you will feel and hear the difference with the ehaust mods. As said the exhaus will give you better spool up and allow you to get a stage 2 map

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
my FMIC has made a noticeable difference, it pulls harder all the way through the rev range with more torque where before it used to drop off around 5 and loose pull. now it pulls to the end better. and the air must be alot cooler now being right at the front got to be better for heatsoak. seems to be running fine.

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
and £ 700 doesnt have to be spend. me and a few others on here have done it for £ 200 for a massive fmic all piped up with alloy pipework instead of the rubber ones. its one of the things ive done which ive actually noticed the gain just like the remap.

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
you could have both if you worked it right, people on here are selling a full miltek system with sports cat, could possibly find a downpipe they want around 450 with the cats and some around 300 without cats brand new. the forge cooler is around 600, can get it done yourself for 200 buying the parts needed. so for that price you are saving a bit and having both

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Hmmm.... seems like i need both anyways... LOL...

WHat if I bought the DP+sportscat and FMIC? Will the original cat back exhaust then be the limiter??

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
DP and Exhaust every time. It will benefit you all the time with better throttle response, a nicer sound, quicker turbo spool up and about 10bhp power increase.

A FMIC will only benefit you if you're booting the car constantly.

Definitely go for the downpipe and exhaust, its a no brainer. :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.