LCR Interior Light - Door Open Problem

cuprajim

Apr 26, 2006
Cupraland
My main interior light will come on when switched permanently 'On' but does not come on when 'Door Open' is selected.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I presume the cause could be a door switch. Although it doesn't come on if you open any of the doors.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I had this for a couple of mins but a quick flick of the switch the door open and closed and it worked again. Strange one?.

Nomis

I've got this problem. Open any of the doors and the main interior light stays off... all other lights come on.

Its' been hinted that it's the comfort control unit. How can I check this w/o a dealer?

Any ideas?

tony16v

has anyone got any wiring diagrams showing how these are connected?

it just seems funny that all the other lights work when you open the door, its just the main one that doesnt...

must be a broken connection some where...

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
See the door switch and also remove and check the interior light for bad contacts

tony16v

does the door switch have a separate cable for front and rear lights or just one that splits somewhere? cos the rear two lights work fine...

Also its not the light unit, as I put an earth to the wire and light worked... must be the cable that runs to the light switch from somewhere? also it has a delay timer on it so could it be that?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.