6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
I have the brochure for the race spec Leon's and there nothing like the road going Leon's. Massive brakes, different shocks springs, wish bones rear suspension set up.................EVERYTHING

Hey, good find! When you say "race spec Leons" - do you mean the one-make, SEAT-run Cupra series? (If so, I bet they didn't use OE/showroom spec coil packs or DVs! :cartman:)

I'd be fascinated to see the brochure.:drool: Can you let us know how/where you obtained it (PDF or hardcopy?), please?

Ta :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hey, good find! When you say "race spec Leons" - do you mean the one-make, SEAT-run Cupra series? (If so, I bet they didn't use OE/showroom spec coil packs or DVs! :cartman:)

I'd be fascinated to see the brochure.:drool: Can you let us know how/where you obtained it (PDF or hardcopy?), please?

Ta :)
I obtained this through one of the cars owners.
This is the Cupra Cup cars/series.

I have this on my other computer and don't have access to it till next weekish

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
I have the brochure for the race spec Leon's ... nothing like the road going Leon's. Massive brakes, different shocks springs, wish bones rear suspension set up.................EVERYTHING

This is the Cupra Cup cars/series.

Hilarious! As I just might of mentioned previously - obsessed, moi? - the cars were touted as "showroom spec", aside from front/rear passengers' seats removal & a beefier front splitter + regular MSA safety mods.

Would it be possible to email/PM a copy of the brochure next week-ish, please? Ta. (Me first, me first! :funk:)

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Just had a quick peek, liking the sound of the multi-link IRS with an ARB; wonder if it's possible to fit 'em to a road-going LCR - if parts are even still avlbl?

Just imagine, kitting out a road-going Mk1 LCR with the race car's wishbones & IRS (but with more road-friendly spring/damper rates), and a remap + beefier clutch - who needs a Mk2 LCR??!! :think:

Last edited:

Backdraft

The race cars were originally 4wd cars which is why they have the independant rear setup.

I have a pdf and price list for all the MK2 Supercopa race cars!!! And I can get all the bits.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Just had a quick peek, liking the sound of the multi-link IRS with an ARB; wonder if it's possible to fit 'em to a road-going LCR - if parts are even still avlbl?

Just imagine, kitting out a road-going Mk1 LCR with the race car's wishbones & IRS (but with more road-friendly spring/damper rates), and a remap + beefier clutch - who needs a Mk2 LCR??!! :think:

Who needs a Mk2 LCR anyway [B)]

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
The race cars were originally 4wd cars which is why they have the independant rear setup.

I have a pdf and price list for all the MK2 Supercopa race cars!!! And I can get all the bits.

What about the Mk1 race cars ? can you get those bit's ?

Backdraft

Maybe. Not many bits left for them now. Seat (Northen South) sold all the bits a few years ago.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London

Hmm, there's a thought: is is possible to fit a 4WD Leon's IRS & ARB to an LCR (rear exhaust issues accepted)? :think:

Then again, if it were, then there might be major probs trying find springs & dampers for the IRS to sync with the LCR's front springs & dampers? :blink:

Backdraft

Hmm, there's a thought: is is possible to fit a 4WD Leon's IRS & ARB to an LCR (rear exhaust issues accepted)? :think:

Then again, if it were, then there might be major probs trying find springs & dampers for the IRS to sync with the LCR's front springs & dampers? :blink:

Cut out the rear floor pan and put the 4wd pan in then yes its possible :)

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
rear floor pan out of the 4motion golf should fit!iv been thinking on doing it to my cordy thats a whole new thread!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise