Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You mean a hand held air blower? Surely this is adding weight again :blink: . Liking the progress. Need to see this car on the road and not online though lol.

Aye aye Mark, you'll see this car soon.
Quite looking forward to having the car on the road myself

Blower like this one

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/electric-demist-heater--demst-309-p.asp

Will be adding weight but if you canna see you canna race/drive.

This will be further back behind the front wheels too so better placement of weight rather than infront of the front wheels.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Aye aye Mark, you'll see this car soon.
Quite looking forward to having the car on the road myself

Blower like this one

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/electric-demist-heater--demst-309-p.asp

Will be adding weight but if you canna see you canna race/drive.

This will be further back behind the front wheels too so better placement of weight rather than infront of the front wheels.

You could also use bullet connectors or similar when you wire it in, and wing nuts to hold it down so you can quickly remove it for a track session if the weather is appropriate to do so?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You could also use bullet connectors or similar when you wire it in, and wing nuts to hold it down so you can quickly remove it for a track session if the weather is appropriate to do so?
Good thinking Danny
these work well and can be hidden under dash or in the scuttle or bonnet area

just route plastic piping to the original vents and bingo

http://www.southernrods.com/categories/heating-and-cooling/heaters/products/product-867.html

just add a cable/tap diverter in line to control temperature
Can this be 'T'd in under the bonnet or does it need to be in the car?

Have you seen any like this from the UK?

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
You should get a heated windscreen. Best thing I have even fitted. The blowers never seem to be powerful enough to clear the screen quick enough.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You should get a heated windscreen. Best thing I have even fitted. The blowers never seem to be powerful enough to clear the screen quick enough.

heated screen for the best demist without weight penalty

leon one is available.. seen one

Tell me more guys, I would have been going for one of these if I thought they existed.
Bill
I remember you doing Ibiza ones, do you know where I could get one for the Leon?

Does Indy have one?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Tell me more guys, I would have been going for one of these if I thought they existed.
Bill
I remember you doing Ibiza ones, do you know where I could get one for the Leon?

Does Indy have one?

kevin runs one on his leon racecar
i will ask him where he got it

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Light at the end of the tunnel??

Well after 3 calls today it feels like I'm getting close to completing my car for my first track day on the 6th of May.

Awesome bits are on there way, should be here in the next few days.

Stealth waiting on bits that should arrive early next week and GB with diff fitted should be back with me end of next week.

Performance 4 plastics are currently making my windows so should also be here for next Friday too.

Then it'll be get the OEM windows and door skins out, fit the new polycarb windows, carefully, lol.
Build back up the intake manifold with the PCV **** deleted out, new green cotton dual cone fitted and and service with new oil.

Drive the car back to my house, drop the gear box, hopefully the clutch is in good shape, fit the new gear box then off for logging my car with the mapper.
Change out leaking caliper for new one, fit braided lines, bleed out old brake fluid and replace with new RBF600.

Drop suspension, grease top mount bushes/bearings, stiffen up the rear upper bump adjuster to rock hard, lol. I'll also raise the ride height 5mm to a 20mm drop from OEM ride height. This will straighten out the slight wishbone angle I have.
The front will get stiffened up too as not really had a chance to mess about with the settings yet.
It's not that I feel that i need any handling help but the next track day I'll but pushing to the maximum so want to see how good this set up can be.
I've found a place close to me who will corner weight my car for £220. I don't plan to have this done at the start of the year but could be a possibility for the end of the year.

It's gonna be a tight thing as I'm not expecting to have much time off before the track day.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Nice one Willie, bet you will be glad to get it all back together, you going for stage two map? which ever its going to fly, are you bringing it down to the National meet in July?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Awesome Willie, thats a lot of work though. looking forward to hearing your feedback on the diff and i wouldn't mind some info on how easy you find refitting the gear box.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice one Willie, bet you will be glad to get it all back together, you going for stage two map? which ever its going to fly, are you bringing it down to the National meet in July?
It flies just now with the weight loss, thats before any extra power/torque.
Against a 270 BHP 27- ft-lbs Stage 2 LCR with sopporting mods theres nothing in it.
It will be a full and proper custom map, not a generic up load or a stage 2 a full custom.

I hope to make the national meet but TBH its a long drive and a long drive in a noisy bumpy car. So I really doubt it.
Perhaps next year it will be a full track car that I could trailer down [B)]

Awesome Willie, thats a lot of work though. looking forward to hearing your feedback on the diff and i wouldn't mind some info on how easy you find refitting the gear box.

The gear box will be fitted with my mate who has done one before, so hopefully it should be trouble free.
Being honest to myself if I get the windows in and sealed, the gear box in, service done and mapping done I'll be happy with that.
The rest can be done, laita.
The handling as I said is awesome just now before the diff and R888 tyres so very interested to feel my new beast on the track.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
are you fitting a baffled sump Willie? R888s and diff might warrant one?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
are you fitting a baffled sump Willie? R888s and diff might warrant one?
Danny, its on the list for sure but TBH I'm not really going to be anywhere other than Knockhill and maybe Oulton park this year for track days.
Knockhills corners are all quite short carners so less need for baffled sump.
Also next year I'll do cam belt change and oil pump change so will do baffled sump then too.

I need a plan of action like that!

It will be a bad idea for me to go to the trackday on the 6th (exams) but it way just have to be done..!
The track day is 18.00 - 20.00, surely your exam finishes before 17.00, lol

You SCARED MMMMMMAAAAHHHHHAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
braking willy mandates baffle sump.. more so than the corner G
the oil goes vertical when braking with good traction... and that is oil firing straight into the breather box on the front of th eblock. it will chuck a lot of oil out

my ibiza, several years ago, chucked and injested 1ltr of oil running kumho esta tyres such was the oil sloshing about issue.

baffled sump and all has been fine since

(seat sport sump)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
braking willy mandates baffle sump.. more so than the corner G
the oil goes vertical when braking with good traction... and that is oil firing straight into the breather box on the front of th eblock. it will chuck a lot of oil out

my ibiza, several years ago, chucked and injested 1ltr of oil running kumho esta tyres such was the oil sloshing about issue.

baffled sump and all has been fine since

(seat sport sump)

Thanks Bill, I hadn't thought about the braking side to it.

TBH just now all I'll do is keep my fingers crossed and drive like a man possessed[:@] :drive1:.

The LCR has a baffle plate in the sump as part of the OEM set up, this will have to do for now.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise