Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
This is the first time I've put a pic of my Red devil on the forum so please feel free to rip into it :)

Pic taken with my camera phone at GTI inter's 2010

P100627_133552.jpg

Last edited:

Indy

Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
I have 1.6 degrees of negative camber on the front already, this with the diff and R888's makes for awesome turn in

I too and thats the max I can get (without the R888's ) I would like to push it negative 2.5degrees and see what that feels like especially with all the power....

Indy

Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
I've got -2 deg 18min camber on mine and with R888s turn in and traction through bends almost defies the physics! Well worth doing if you can ;)

Interesting info I did sort of pick up on that on the 74th post on your thread in the pic you can see the wheel slightly tilted.

I'm not sure if the whole camber thing is to also affected by ride hight as my ride height is quite low.

Willie is 1.6 degrees of negative camber the max on yours?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
This is with the ball joints pulled out to the max position on the wish bones.
I'm only 20mm dropped from OEM ride height, this still gives me level wish bone arms too.

I believe castor is better for turn in than camber but not too clued up on this and whether its adjustable on our platforms yet

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Looks like you've got a bit of a slide on in that 3rd pic Willie. I can't beleive your nearl cocking a wheel in the wet with R888's aswell:-o

What are they like in the wet? I assume from your pic's they ain'a half bad?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There was lots of sliding an some very close saves/shaves

R888's are good in the wet but positively scary in standing water/puddles

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Also caught some of Josh too

Ibiza1.jpg

Ibiza6.jpg

Ibiza7.jpg

Ibiza5.jpg

:D

There are other pics that I'll need to get edited etc and uploaded....

Also looks like botophucket has made the pics rather pish quality when made full size.... hmmmm

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Logged Willies car again tonight. Seems to be running sweet. Very quick motor.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The rack time is always good be it rain or shine.
Rain allowed me to learn more about the cars wet handling at speed.

Al can you post up that logs we did last night for everyone to assassinate, lol

Car flowing approx 206 g/s but I don't think this is an accurate way of deciphering the cars performance.
As I've proven the cars faster than an E46 M3 CSL, I'm not bothered what BHP or Torque it has that's good enough for me

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Looking good Willie, will need to catch up at a meet sometime get a run in this beast now.
I was going to give you shout on Monday as I was up the Broch/Roseharty helping Keith Walker strip his new MK4 golf GTI

Congrats on taking the plunge for stage 2 Willie and a great write up.

Do you know which companies offer custom stage 2 at all? I assume none of the biggies (REVO, CC, AMD, Jabba) do?

Not too sure TBH.
I've thankfully found a good one through a local VW forum.
REVO code cannot be removed by anyone else apart from REVO, perhaps think about that one when your deciding who to use

VR6T

Looking good Willie :D

Was it nice and progressive with the power delivery in the wet...???

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members