wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
They should be ok but your rods have some mileage on them so as with mine i'd try to keep the safe side of 300ft/lb. You'll reduce wheel spin as well as keep the clutch a little happier, you won't loose any performance.

Torque - (g/sec * 1.25 * 5252) / RPM.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I have zero wheel spin just now, everything is very progressive and very easy to drive FAST.
Like I've said on another thread, whats the point of having all the power if you cannot use it.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I have zero wheel spin just now, everything is very progressive and very easy to drive FAST.
Like I've said on another thread, whats the point of having all the power if you cannot use it.
Yup totally agree hence why I went for handling mods and diff to utilise all the torque.

You have inspired me to tweak my setup further - going to adjust the rebound settings once the falkens have scrubbed on the front and adjust the camber especially as I have the superflex with camber front bushes.

Your track day sounded great! Are you also running r888s on the rear? Wondering how the rear end is coping especially with the diff pulling you round the tight bends when you apply the power.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yup totally agree hence why I went for handling mods and diff to utilise all the torque.

You have inspired me to tweak my setup further - going to adjust the rebound settings once the falkens have scrubbed on the front and adjust the camber especially as I have the superflex with camber front bushes.

Your track day sounded great! Are you also running r888s on the rear? Wondering how the rear end is coping especially with the diff pulling you round the tight bends when you apply the power.
I have R888's on the rear.
They are coping very well with the increase pull with the LSD, TBH the GYE F1 asymmetrics coped well too with this.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
All systems on hold

Well due to cash flow and other things this project is officially on hold till next year (ish).

As you all know I'm all about handling and the cars handling is feeling well ropey just now. There are several dogdy noises going about too which I don't want to take onto the track with me and don't have the time or money to fully investigate/fix/replace bits just now.

I know I need to change the INA 034 motorsport engine mounts. These have done approximately 6,000 miles. These were good while they lasted but perhaps the longevity is not as good as I had hoped and wished. These have tided me over but will be going for Vibra-techs competition mounts next.
I have a driver side wheel bearing that needs replace, this will be done soon.
The whole car feels alot looser than than before, I think this is down to the OEM spec bushes.
I'm planning on fitting a full cage soon, I had always planned to do this before more power but my arm was getting WELL twisted, but I'm glad I did it this way anyway.
When fitting the cage I'll get a driver side bucket seat. I hope to get the Cobra Imola Pro as this one fits my ass perfectly and snugly.
Due to fitting a cage I'm changing out all the OEM spec bushes for Powerflex or equivelents. The rear beam I'm unsure about just now. I would like to mount it with a solid bush but will see what I can track down/find out about these.
I still have the remaining Polycarb windows to fit to the car.
The OEM windows will be removed prior to fitting the cage and the Polycarb ones will go in post cage fitting.
I'm planning on hard piping the cold side of the intercooler pipe work, along with a port for WMI, this won't be fitted straight away but will allow for future plans.

The suspension/turret top mounts will be changed out when I strip the cars suspension down. I plan to refit this with adjustable top mount solid bushes on the front and not too sure about the rear, perhaps OEM if I cannot find anything better.
I have a race spec light weight battery sitting waiting to be fitted too. When this is in I'll fit my 45 degree elbow and Seat Motorsport induction scoop.

Due to my 106,000 miles the timing belt and oil pump will be changed out too. When doing this I 'might' remove the whole engine. I need to change out a leaking gasket from the VVT sensor that's been leaking oil for AGES and is getting worse.
Also as part of this I'll buy and fit a Mocal oil cooler and thermostatic sandwich plate. I'm not convinced the 80 degree switch on the Mocal plate is the best option for my purpose but will have a dig about and see what else there is on the go or whether this can be adjusted.

TBH I had to be talked down from splitting/selling my car last week.
I'd lost direction a bit and was reconsidering my options but TBH the cars I've been up against this past while and beaten/kept up with my options would only be to buy and mod another car anyway.
Porsche Cayman S
Ferrari F430
B7 RS4
E46 M3 CSL
etc etc.

So what would I have bought to compete with a very very well sorted LCR (post fitting of above mods).

Just taking quick run through the price of the above mods I'm still looking at £5,000 before this car is up to competitive class. The more track days I do the more I'm getting bored of them and getting a hunger for more competition. I know with what I've done to this car I'll be limited in the classes I can enter but it'll be more about my fun and enjoyment than winning classes.

TBH the big thing is SCN has really taken over my life this past while more than I want it to. I've made alot of good friends on here and gleaned a huge amount of information and in turn hopefully managed to help others too.

So its not goodbye and I hope to not end up being stupid and selling/splitting the car and going for something else, but we'll see.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Sorry to read this matey, but priorities change sometimes don't they? Make sure you don't break the car we need to get out on track together and have a blast!

Willie said:
the more track days I do the more I'm getting bored of them and getting a hunger for more competition. I know with what I've done to this car I'll be limited in the classes I can enter but it'll be more about my fun and enjoyment than winning classes.

I know exactly what you mean there pal. I wish I had the cash do go competitive but we'll see after Christmas.

I hope things change for the better and start looking up so you can crack on with this fantastic project mate, I really do.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
A few of us are selling right now, and all for different reasons, but you would definitely be daft to sell this.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Not goos to hear willie, your always the one to twist my arm and get me back on track with the car, past while i have been thinking the same as you abourt breaking /selling but i'm going to hang in there.

its a cracking car youve got anyway stick with it and take a break from the modding like i did.

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
be such a shame to split up mate. far too much engineering gone into this. hopefully a little time away plus a little browse on here from time to tme will give you the motivation you need! all the best

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members