paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
Found this on the bay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370260453114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
I know Bill does stainless fittings which are direct fit for our lines, and tufty fitted one to his S3 so some good pics in his ride of where and how to locate it.
Need to speak to an older engine builder just down the road about building the engine up as i want to assist him to see how its done, everyone recommends him for boring it out too.
Hopefully if this house doesnt continue to rape me of my money should be built feb/march time

cheers mate, will call bill up and order some of the fittings :)
im going to hopefully have turbo on by feb cant come quick enough

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Just had a quick look and that pump i linked was an in tank one not an inline if you're going to order it.
I'm sure bill could do you the complete package if you asked
Out of curiosity what size injectors are you going to run with this?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
My kit i bought came with 550's but think they could be closely maxxed when all mapped
Think i'm going to run an RS4 MAF so need to upscale injectors to suit, probably high 600's may keep those 725's in mind

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Thanks everyone graham got a Downpipe being made I no its going to be tight but person who's making Downpipe said not the hardest one he's going to have made,
It's a 49lb wheel so should flow 450 plus I no people are pushing over 500 in 2.0 engines. I'm after the 400-450 mark as using methanol
Scott got a few companies that said would do it but got nick at company that can't be names as thread will be deleted said he will sort it out, said if leave him car will map it then get me a magazine cover as this may be the 1st efr6858 in the uk :)
when you free give us a txt and look for me on facebook I'm muffin-man murphy ;) can catch up soon if free.

Sounds good matey, couldnt find you on facebook, search for me 'scott osborne'. Would be sweet to see a proper specc'd car in a mag, seems too many cars get in magazines these days for being overly low and some badly fitting wheel/ tyre combinations :happy:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Sammy at Ina sorted me them out get some the price is good also can sell old Injectors easy enough I'm sure :)
You going to get it mapped by person who mapped it before?

Mine is currently OE map mate (probably one of the last few) so code hasnt been fettled yet.
I think i may have a taker for my 550's when his is ready for mapping, need to do clutch and SMF first before i look at injectors.
Have you thought of running bigger MAF? S4, RS4??

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
Mine is currently OE map mate (probably one of the last few) so code hasnt been fettled yet.
I think i may have a taker for my 550's when his is ready for mapping, need to do clutch and SMF first before i look at injectors.
Have you thought of running bigger MAF? S4, RS4??

no not thought of bigger maf i have bigger throttle body and the sem would the maf help much?
what clutch you going for?

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
Sounds good matey, couldnt find you on facebook, search for me 'scott osborne'. Would be sweet to see a proper specc'd car in a mag, seems too many cars get in magazines these days for being overly low and some badly fitting wheel/ tyre combinations :happy:
yeah should be sweet once done cant wait to hopefully play with some nice cars,
when you going to change turbo on yours?

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Got your add on Facebook there mate, at uni though so not sure if it's accepted properly!

Not sure yet, got all the bits now, either in person or ordered. Just need gaskets, then need to save up for a few months to get it fitted and mapped :(

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
353e0094.jpg

Engine mounts turned up today :) yay

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Have a look at grahams RR as he has these black forest mounts and the install was not as straight forward as it first seemed

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Have a look at grahams RR as he has these black forest mounts and the install was not as straight forward as it first seemed

Ah yes, good purchase Paul.
Before you plan to put them in you will need to get yourself some shorter bolts for the engine mount to chassis leg (normally Cap Head Bolts (plain part on thread)). Not sure of size (i'll have alook tomorrow mate)

Also i had to cut down the 2 bolts that go through the new mount into the cast Drivers side engine mount.
Before you put them in double check all dimensions are correct, my bolts needed sorting but yours maybe ok. :D

When you starting the exciting stuff then ???

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
Ah yes, good purchase Paul.
Before you plan to put them in you will need to get yourself some shorter bolts for the engine mount to chassis leg (normally Cap Head Bolts (plain part on thread)). Not sure of size (i'll have alook tomorrow mate)

Also i had to cut down the 2 bolts that go through the new mount into the cast Drivers side engine mount.
Before you put them in double check all dimensions are correct, my bolts needed sorting but yours maybe ok. :D

When you starting the exciting stuff then ???

Hi mate starting the build in feb as away with the army for next 2 months and need car then,
You got the dimensions of the bolts I will just buy them at the size I need, also is it a special type of bolt I need?
When's you hoping to have yours complete :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise