Leather Gear gaitor.

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
Hi guys, just a quick question, my leather gear gaitor has come undone and is exposing the gearstick (look untidy). Im assuming that the collar under the gear knob has a thread on it so you can undo this and feed the leather inside and clamp it back up?

Just looking to see if im right before i start tatting with it as i dont wanna break anything as the plastic on the lever looks a bit flimsy :(

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
if you feel at the bottom front edge of the cgator (nearest the ashtry) you you feel a lug each side flick these up and then the gator with surround slides forward (i think) the you can lift the lot up over the knob and you will see there is a big plastic clip at the very top which hold the gator just unclip poke the gator back through and clip up. then to refit is just the reverse

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
if you feel at the bottom front edge of the cgator (nearest the ashtry) you you feel a lug each side flick these up and then the gator with surround slides forward (i think) the you can lift the lot up over the knob and you will see there is a big plastic clip at the very top which hold the gator just unclip poke the gator back through and clip up. then to refit is just the reverse

Cheers for that mate your a legend ;)

Its actually come off at the top nearest the gear knob and is still attacheed at the bottom:confused:

I will just do the reverse of that then and it should be sweet.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Cheers for that mate your a legend ;)

Its actually come off at the top nearest the gear knob and is still attacheed at the bottom:confused:

I will just do the reverse of that then and it should be sweet.

sorry the big plastic clippy thig is at the top near the knob but you need to get to it by unclipping the bottom!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.