greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
Just bought my very first mk1 leon today :D so happy, haha its only the 1.4 but as a 17 yr old its good enough adn cheap on insurance :D

Its black and dirty :( but will very soon be cleaned and polished :)

but for now, here's a list of things i wanna do in the next few months:

-Induction kit,
-beefier back box,
-window tints? :S
-alloys,
-new stereo, -almost done + sub :)
-debadge, - done
-suspension?

Frontcorner.jpg

Rear.jpg

Last edited:

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
welcome greg dude;) the 1.4 still has a bit of oomf so dont worry about it:)

cheers, :) yea haha its a good upgrade from my megane :D hahaha :p

just debadged it today and gonna put the L E O N badge across the boot on the weekend :) haha my very first ever car modification :cartman:

also ordered some shiny door sills and a stereo spacer,

so will have them sorted soon :rolleyes:

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
forget all the little mods pal, save your money and get some 18s off ebay (£2-400)- will transform the car :)

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
Last edited:

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Nice motor. As said above, nice set of rims will set it off. 18"s will hamper what little acceleration you have lol, but will look good

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Looks like you got a nice car there mate mines also the same its the 1.4 leon but trust me with the right mods nobody knows I had a little race against a skoda octavia vrs and he could barely touch me until we hit the long straights.
I definatly wouldnt advise getting 18's on a 1.4 though as they are just too big for the little power we have. I have 17's on mine and there just right look great set the car off really well plus you still have a bit of power too. my performance mods consist of: lowered 35mm on jamex springs 17's alloys wrapped with goodyear eagles f1 assy's and dunlop sp sport runflats on the back trust me for the 1.4 this really does make the car handle well for what it is.
I also have a induction kit purchased from ebay for about £42 and it sounds the nuts when you sink the go pedal also helps the 0-60 time by about 0.7 of a second which doesn't sound much but you notice it.
I havent got a exhaust system on mine although I wouldn't mind it cant afford it atm so have just welded a mondeo st220 exhaust tip onto the standard box.
for styling other than the alloys I would lower it and get a honeycomb cupra grill on it as it really does set it off from standard.
heres a couple of pics of mine side on picture is after I lowered it:
sideon.jpg

090720195419.jpg

090720195459.jpg

Last edited:

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
cheers for the post,
lovin it mate :D you've got/want all the mods i want :p
haha what did you do about your exhaust coming out the back?
was that yours standard or did you cut a hole in the rear valence?

yes! haha that means i can get the 17's i wanted so bad :D
also where did you get the grille from? i tryed 1st choice but they quoted me £90 altogether! the grille was only £20 odd but the postage was like £60-70 something crazed like that :(

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Yeh its surprising just how much a difference the little mods make to how the car looks at performs.
my bumper was like yours but I did cut the valance personally I regret doing it now as although it looks alright it can be a pain if the tip I welded on moves and rattles against the bumper I would recommend a scorpian cat back system from ebay for the mk4 golf it has the hidden tips so will look standard but sound good aswell then get the valances colour coded as it gives the car a wider looking stance when lowered and alloys fitted.
yeh defo go for 17's no bigger as also if you go bigger the steering rack wont take 18's as its different to the cupra's so will rub on the arches with 18's.
I got the grill from david at sere motors he is a very helpful bloke heres a link to his section of the forum on here just ask him for the upper outer and inner honeycomb cupra grills.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249
there was a fair amount of work invloved in making the grill fit as it originally comes in a 5 foot box with a plastic bumperbar moulded to it but after a bit of cutting I had mine fitted perfectly.
where abouts are you from matey if your local can always give you a hand with a few mods

R19XSS

Dude, Ive got a 2000 leon, 1.8T Cupra - but got the same front bumper as you (or had anyway). I want to put on the Cupra R bumper but dont know how quickly/easily it will fit on... Have you asked anyone on here or got any info on that?

P.s. loving the project!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members