Leon 5FO - MIB1, Software Updates (Give This A Chance?)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I read on a German website that SEAT are offering retrofitting now of mapcare but its about £500.

Deleted member 103408

Ouch, so I can have mapcare or maybe a stage one map (pun intended) for that sort of money.

Josef

Dec 3, 2018
Hi Guys

3. Has anyone else inadvertently locked out their TMC Traffic Updates?

Any other information would be greatly received!

Edit: Attempted to fix broken Image Link.

Hi - I also am locked in TMC updates.
I have two notes there and they never disappear.

Have you fixed the issue for your ride? I would appreciate any advice!

Best

Josef

CharlieWalker

Nov 19, 2017
Hi Josef,

I don't own my car anymore as I got a new job with a company car, however, I did get to the bottom of it just prior to sale.

Sadly it was a failure of the TMC reciever within the headunit. I had Seat swap it with a different vehicle and it came to life immediately

I chose not to get it fixed due to the £1,000 cost associated with the unit due to how much it controls and programming and coding required.

If you're prepared to have seat complete diagnosis at £70 and they swap test then that's the fault but also worth trying a software update via Seat to see if that solves it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wolverine_uk

Oct 18, 2018
Can you reset MIB2 via obd11, if so how?
When you did the upgrade have you ticked the box for TMC update? I reckon do factory reset your unit first from menu and second one on VAGCOM/OBD11. If this doesn't help then perform the update one more time you have to force the unit to do it as your version is same as updating file.

There is only one copy of MIB1 update international version. TMC frequency is same across Europe

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Josef

Dec 3, 2018
Hi Josef,
Sadly it was a failure of the TMC reciever within the headunit. I had Seat swap it with a different vehicle and it came to life immediately

I chose not to get it fixed due to the £1,000 cost associated with the unit due to how much it controls and programming and coding required.

If you're prepared to have seat complete diagnosis at £70 and they swap test then that's the fault but also worth trying a software update via Seat to see if that solves it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Did i get this right, that your TMC/headunit was broken BY the update?

Best

Josef

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Did i get this right, that your TMC/headunit was broken BY the update?
Best
Josef
Do you have access to VCDS or OBDeleven Pro?
There is a setting in the 5F module that sometimes gets changed causing the TMC failure.
This is what I found,
Infotainment: Enable TMC ?
Doesn't work with: Argentina Models - MK7, Argentina Models - MK7.5
STEP CONTROL UNIT LONGCODE BYTE LONGCODE BIT DEFAULT SETTING NEW SETTING
1 [5F] Information Electr. Byte 13 Bit 03 - Radio Text Plus (RT+) active [STANDARD] unchecked checked
STEP CONTROL UNIT ADAPTATION CHANNEL PARAMETER DEFAULT SETTING NEW SETTING
2A [5F] Information Electr. - Fee-based traffic information (TMC) 65535 (disabled) 0 (dev options)
2B [5F] Information Electr. - Fee-based traffic information (TMC) 65535 (disabled) 3 (VW TMCPro MIB1)
2C [5F] Information Electr. - Fee-based traffic information (TMC) 65535 (disabled) 1024 (suna/australia)
2D [5F] Information Electr. - Fee-based traffic information (TMC) 65535 (disabled) 1537 (canada)
2E [5F] Information Electr. - Fee-based traffic information (TMC) 65535 (disabled) 32768 (VW TMCPro MIB2)
2F [5F] Information Electr. - Fee-based traffic information (TMC) 65535 (disabled) 32771 (online traffic + VW TMCpro)

Security Access Codes: 20103

(*) Try different numbers until one works.
(**) For TMC to work, "TP" and "RDS" need to be activated in the set-up menu for the radio.
(***) It may take some time for the new facility to be established and for the initial set of traffic reports to be downloaded, in some cases hours.

On my car I had 'before and after' adpmaps and had to change the setting from something like 32767 back to 15 and TMC then worked (UK).

Stevo92

Jun 15, 2016
Hi All, I have updated my 2014 tech pack Leon to 0480, I was lead to believe that the update would change the menu icons but there are no visual changes on my device if anything things might be a bit faster ? Could somebody confirm that this should be the case, thanks.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I updated my Skoda MIB1 to 0490 (previous car to the Cupra) and there were 0 cosmetic or functional changes - I actually upgraded it twice and never noticed any changes.
Only change I noticed was that the Bluetooth icon when something was connected was lost.
Rest were probably just bug fixes underneath, with some bugs getting fixed and new ones being introduced.
Overall, there is a major gap in performance (and in every single other sense...) to what a MIB2 unit can do.
If I had kept the Skoda I would have got ridden of the MIB1 - either retrofitting a MIB2 unit and screen or getting an Alpine or Pioneer unit

Stevo92

Jun 15, 2016
I updated my Skoda MIB1 to 0490 (previous car to the Cupra) and there were 0 cosmetic or functional changes - I actually upgraded it twice and never noticed any changes.
Only change I noticed was that the Bluetooth icon when something was connected was lost.
Rest were probably just bug fixes underneath, with some bugs getting fixed and new ones being introduced.
Overall, there is a major gap in performance (and in every single other sense...) to what a MIB2 unit can do.
If I had kept the Skoda I would have got ridden of the MIB1 - either retrofitting a MIB2 unit and screen or getting an Alpine or Pioneer unit

I noticed the device was a little faster at changing through the options just that I saw a 2013 Leon not long ago that had the new icons and don’t think he changed his unit maybe he hacked it

May 2, 2019
Hello i have one leon fr 2013 with this unit i try to instal the update but sytem turn off in the meadle and never on again its blocked... Any way to resolve???
fcf409cbefcb2652ee369e2ebc07a7b2.jpg
99896d52e4c798408b39cb968e8099ec.jpg
921454a33f6273e990197929a88c71ee.jpg

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 7 através do Tapatalk

Bio

Sep 23, 2017
hi guys

Does anyone know tell me if we need to do all the updates or can we jump from the update we have on the radio to the last?

best regards
Bio

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
did this happen because yours is a 5.0" screen and not 5.8? How did you resolve?

Hello i have one leon fr 2013 with this unit i try to instal the update but sytem turn off in the meadle and never on again its blocked... Any way to resolve???
fcf409cbefcb2652ee369e2ebc07a7b2.jpg
99896d52e4c798408b39cb968e8099ec.jpg
921454a33f6273e990197929a88c71ee.jpg

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 7 através do Tapatalk