Leon Cupra 2.0T first MOT passed with no issues whatsoever

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Mine sailed through yesterday, emissions perfect with the Milltek TBE, cat in place. No issues whatsoever other than tyres being a tad on the thin side :whistle:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
glad to hear it mate.
my warranty runs out at the end of may and i'm thinking about having the first mot done whilst still under warranty just in case. but how soon could it be done? one month before the end or maybe two weeks?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Mine is in as we speak, so waiting for the call to tell me it's failed on emissions with the 100 cell race cat!!

I'm sure rear pads will fail, but as it's on fixed price maintenance contract I'm hoping that it will fail as I only have 5 days of free cover left until I start paying my own bills :(

Glad to hear yours got through!

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I think the maximum is 1 month before its due.

Is the MOT due on date of registration of the new car? Mine is a 57-reg but I never bought it till December and it was new. It was pre-reg and AC owned it for a week before me. So even though the 57 came out in September my car wasn't registered till December.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I think the maximum is 1 month before its due.

Is the MOT due on date of registration of the new car? Mine is a 57-reg but I never bought it till December and it was new. It was pre-reg and AC owned it for a week before me. So even though the 57 came out in September my car wasn't registered till December.

Good question. I'd imagine it's from the date of initial registration.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I think its from the initial registration date which means mines is due for MOT come the end of April even though I got my car in September.
Glad to hear that yours went through fine Al. Good luck on yours Warren!
Tad worried due to the exhaust (smoke test on the Derv) about mines but not overly so.
Alex

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Warren - the lad at the MOT station I went to said a MK5 Golf GTi with a decat passed only last week, so yours will be fine I would think.

The MOT expiry date lands 1 day before the cars 3rd birthday in the middle of March so I think you can have it done a month before.

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Warren - the lad at the MOT station I went to said a MK5 Golf GTi with a decat passed only last week, so yours will be fine I would think.

The MOT expiry date lands 1 day before the cars 3rd birthday in the middle of March so I think you can have it done a month before.

MOT is a maximum of one month before so it can be dated to run from the date of registration, my07 cupra passed on saturday with no problem with 41k on the clock now I can begin the mods!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
It passed, even though the rear brakes grind and the pad material on them is thinner than a pensioners skin.

Think they've woken up to the fact that if anything is wrong with my car it doesn't get paid for directly. If I took it somewhere else I bet it would have an advisory on rear pads!!

At least they are only £150 fitted.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
It passed, even though the rear brakes grind and the pad material on them is thinner than a pensioners skin.

Think they've woken up to the fact that if anything is wrong with my car it doesn't get paid for directly. If I took it somewhere else I bet it would have an advisory on rear pads!!

At least they are only £150 fitted.

Rear pads can be supplied and fitted much cheaper than that Warren. Mine were down too, but I think I will get another 10k out of them.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Mine sailed through yesterday, emissions perfect with the Milltek TBE, cat in place. No issues whatsoever other than tyres being a tad on the thin side :whistle:

Excellent stuff. Mine's booked in for lunch-time on Monday and I doubt there will be any problems with mine.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
A bit confused here, if my warrenty runs out end of March does that mean i have to get it MOT'd end of Feb?

You have to get an MOT before the registration date on the V5 form.

Mine was registered 18/12/2007....even thought the 57-reg came out in September. Not sure when my warranty is covered till. I would assume it was the 18/12/2010

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Mine failed,then passed thirty seconds later after i was told remove the sat nav cradle.When the guy came out to put the car on the ramp he looked at the splitter on the front and shook his head muttering as he climbed in the car,i suppose thats why the guy didnt just remove the single rubber sucker himself and pass it first time......Proper ****** .....

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Mine passed yesterday with no concerns at all. The LED side lights are back in and a treat myself to some LED no. plate bulbs and fitted them last night.

One thing they didn't pull me for was the show plates. They look just like normal plates although they don't have the BS no. or makers name on them.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Thanks for this thread, got me thinking! Checked log book and car is 3 years old on 9th March!!! Passed with flying colors this morning, only thing I was worried about was emissions but sailed through! Yay, cheers Al!!! Yours ok Warren?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.