Leon Cupra 2003 door locking problem

yellowperil

May 17, 2005
I have a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra 1.8T.
When i unlock with the keyfob, one press opens drivers door, two press of the button opens all the doors.
However the battery on the car recently went flat and now however many times i press the button only the drivers door opens. Same if i use the key in the door lock.
Only way to open all doors is to press the button inside the car to open all the locks.

Any ideas how to solve this guys. I have full VAGCOM if its needed.

Thanks

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Could try the ecu rest for 5 minutes (make sure you have the radio code) or try with vag com to re-set the door locks to open on two presses of the fob.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Had the same problem on my LCR. Drain the system of charge (leaving the leads off of the battery as Lee says will do the job - I have a speedier way of doing it (instant) but people seem weary of doing it.) Should only be a few mins so it's OK.

Cured mine doing it this way but I locked my radio out, so again, as Lee says, make sure you have the code

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah i have heard more people saying join the negative and positive together once they are disconnected from the battery to drain it totally.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
That's right. Once the leads are removed from the battery you will immediately drain the system by holding the two leads together. There's only residual charge remaining in the system because you're not connected to the battery any more. It's an instant drain

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise