Leon Cupra Mk2 2.0 tfsi turbo matter

acyv

Dear friends,

Can you tell me(expert friends) what is maximum horse power that original(built in) turbo supports on our cupra? Does is support 400 hp with full exhaust system(77 mm crome from down pipe up to end) + cold air intake?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Cem from Istanbul

Al

Aug 29, 2005
No, it does not. With custom parts etc, stock turbo might stretch to 370bhp at a push. A few cars have been proved at 360-370bhp with off the shelf bolt on parts.

Welcome by the way.

acyv

No, it does not. With custom parts etc, stock turbo might stretch to 370bhp at a push. A few cars have been proved at 36Xbhp

Welcome by the way.

Thanks dear, but as far i have seen on youtube, in greece revo gets 406 hp from cupra with standart turbo and hardware as i told above which makes conflict on my mind.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Maybe it does have a dyno graph to show 406bhp at the flywheel (rolling road lottery from a very optimistic set of rollers), but what was the power at the wheels? You would expect approx 330bhp at the wheels on a maxed out Cupra.

acyv

Maybe it does have a dyno graph to show 406bhp at the flywheel (rolling road lottery from a very optimistic set of rollers), but what was the power at the wheels? You would expect approx 330bhp at the wheels on a maxed out Cupra.

Got you well, i will try to arrange my horse power maximizing at 370/380 hp with my hardware.

I have also one more question, how can i see turbo boost pressure and such figures on my MFD screen. In my previous cars there were hidden menus to see such things but on this car i dont know how it's possible. Do you have any idea?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I dont, but maybe DanGB will know. I doubt you will see boost on the MFD regardless.

Depending on the map you are running, I would expect boost to be at approx 1.5Bar

acyv

I dont, but maybe DanGB will know. I doubt you will see boost on the MFD regardless.

Depending on the map you are running, I would expect boost to be at approx 1.5Bar

I have seen this hidden feature on youtube, too. My stageI map is running the boost 1.2 bar idle and 1.6 bar max which created no problem for me during last 4500 km(my car is just at 8500 km only). Meantime i have some friends running their boost pressure 1.3 mar idle and 1.6 bar max.

My map has redline at 8200 rpm, i can run the engine up to 8200 rpm without problem except missfire case rarely. If I dont hit the pedal full, then it doesn't give missfire case.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I would have thought that increasing the red line to 8200rpm would not serve that much of a purpose given that peak power is typically well under 7000rpm?

You map wont be running any boost at idle either by the way....

acyv

I would have thought that increasing the red line to 8200rpm would not serve that much of a purpose given that peak power is typically well under 7000rpm?

You map wont be running any boost at idle either by the way....

I've extended the redline in order to prolong max speeds at each gear especially at 3rd gear. Stock cupra gets stuck at 130/135km and now 155/160 km after extending redline.

But it's clear that peak power and torque are being achived less than 7000 rpm.

What do you mean with "ou map wont be running any boost at idle either by the way"

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Why would you want to increase speed in gear when it would be more beneficial to change to the next gear, in this case 4th, and take advantage of the extra power and torque thats available from lower revs?

What I meant was that your car will not produce boost at idle.

acyv

Why would you want to increase speed in gear when it would be more beneficial to change to the next gear, in this case 4th, and take advantage of the extra power and torque thats available from lower revs?

What I meant was that your car will not produce boost at idle.

You are right in one way but while driving in crowded traffic you should need lower gear to drive. Sure while the traffic is available i am increasing gear up to 4 surely but to see 155/160 with 3rd gear is also useful.

For the turbo wise, you are right it doesn't bosst during idle...

Al

Aug 29, 2005
If you are happy, then thats what matters.

That being said, you must be one of the few people that drive everywhere in traffic in 3rd gear at 5000+rpm though....

4th gear at 3500rpm using the effect of torque to build up to mximum power would surely be more effective?

acyv

If you are happy, then thats what matters.

That being said, you must be one of the few people that drive everywhere in traffic in 3rd gear at 5000+rpm though....

4th gear at 3500rpm using the effect of torque to build up to mximum power would surely be more effective?

sure you are right but i also prefer to have 3rd gear at 150/160km otherwise 3500 rpm is the best level for torque and power.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
sure you are right but i also prefer to have 3rd gear at 150/160km otherwise 3500 rpm is the best level for torque and power.

Good luck with your engine longevity mate :)

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
I don't really understand why you want to increase the rev limit, when you are talking about a Cupra nearing 400 bhp. What optimised torque are you talking about? A boost 9 Revo'd with full extras (exhaust, intake, fuel pump, dv, intercooler etc) can produce 50+ kilograms of torque at about 4500rpm - do you need more? What should be a concern is how to put the power down on the road and not how to produce more. I am talking based on my experience and not theoretically. I have a powerful Cupra with all of the above for everyday driving and I've driven mine with maxed out settings and the best word to describe it is 'scary'. There is no need to reach the rev limit to reach high speeds - you can do it on 6k rpms and there is plenty of power in all the rev range. Unless you are into street racing you shouldn't bother too much with pushing the rev limit. Regarding the 406 bhp you've seen it is the corrected power which is a bit optimistic I might add but again they used methanol so it's not realistic. You could change injectors to push it some more but you need a custom map. In any case you'll be maxing out your car's performance and I don't know if your car can handle that for a long time. If you want more a move to big turbo would be wiser and of course change all the appurtenances that might be necessary.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.