light come on dash oh no help

daves ibiza

hi guys a light come on dash temperature red one. could it be a possible coolant temp sensor . or anything big any help will be great. i asked tommy and he said he as only ever had this when he burst a pipe. can any shed any light please guys as iv only just got this . many thanks dave

daves ibiza

youll be saying that mate when hybriding past you :p pluss you havnt seen it lol

daves ibiza

cheers tom. not really much information there lol. ill have to change few thing of both cars and see. any other veiws would be gratefull

Oct 2, 2006
Get it hooked up to VAG.COM mate or you could be wasting your time just swapping things over and process of elimination. Is the top of your coolant sensor green as the newer superceded ones are.And get some pics up of your new car ;)

tommy2008cupra

wat u mean u gaylord sounds like just a temp sensor mate or just need to scratch it with screwdriver ,either guna cost u like £10 or nothing lol

daves ibiza

tom your gay mate . yeah i will do mate just a standard car at the mo. but watch how quick this process moves lol. ill change couple of things ect of old engine

daves ibiza

lol i see youv change your sig. anyway back to topic still i want other thoughts cheers guys

got_boost?

Low coolant level first of all.

Then bad header tank sensor, or coolant temp sensor.

i would say low coolant level. is first port of call. mine did it the other day. it was a cold morning and when a little heat warmed the system it went off. topped it up that night and next morning it was fine

EvilKinevil

Mar 24, 2004
Scotland
my light came on on Sunday, 3 beeps and light flashing (light in temp dial)

scared the **** outta me as I'm new to Mk3 ownership and I thought it was an oil light.

checked oil & fluids, everything ok so assume its the sensor. Once warmed up, light stopped flashing, and has been fine since (touch wood)

thing is the temprature here plummeted to -3ish on Saturday night so think it was just the sensor.

just something to keep an eye on (like everything else on a mk3)

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Get some pics up mate and start a readers ride! Mine did this and it was low coolant. When you going to get the hybrid done? This christmas has bled me dry so you will probably have your hybrid on before me, even though mines sat in my room!

daves ibiza

yeah i will mate. im guna try and scratch all the crap off and see if it works or if not ill buy new ect.

andycupra

status subject to change
its the coolant level sensor.
when cold the coolant level is lower and the sensor appears to be less efficient.
Top it up so that the coolant when cold is near the top end of the ok range, (will be above max when hot, this is ok as its just expansion).

If this fails, try discconnecting the electrical lead in the expansion tank and clean contacts.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.