Like a totally different machine

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Just fitted a induction kit and cold air feed on the tfsi and it's like a totaly different car. It makes a great noise I love the woosh sound when you put your foot down and it picks up much quicker and feels smoother. I had a green pannel filter before which was good but yeh lovin the new setup! Does it make any difference to your mpg though? Maybe it's just me booting it so I can make it woosh haha

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Fuel economy may be affected, but if your car is mapped, and you have access to VAGCOM, check your fuelling (channel 230) to make sure you are not running it too lean with the new intake - possibly a bit more important than mpg :)

I am fixing to sell my Dbilas and would like a cone intake, possibly ITG, partly for the noise aspect. Have you got details of which kit you have fitted and pictures?

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
How do you mean lean mate? Il try and get some pictures on it's just hard at the minute as I'm on here using the I phone I havnt got any Internet for the laptop you see.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
he means that if the induction kitis working as it should and not just going whoosh, you will be getting more air into the engine increasing the air/fuel ratio.
too much air and not enough fuel is a bad combination.

Poverty

Fuel economy may be affected, but if your car is mapped, and you have access to VAGCOM, check your fuelling (channel 230) to make sure you are not running it too lean with the new intake - possibly a bit more important than mpg :)

I am fixing to sell my Dbilas and would like a cone intake, possibly ITG, partly for the noise aspect. Have you got details of which kit you have fitted and pictures?

I thought noise was chavvy and was one of the main reasons you got a dbilas?

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
No cars standard mate no map, it's just a pupils and a come mate which I got off my mate a copy of a k&n typhoon I'm scared now iv heard this I mean iv drove steady tonight and got 30mpg on a small journey. I havnt got access to vag.com so how would I know if it's running ok? Anyone on facebook I can put a pic on there a bit easier haha

Al

Aug 29, 2005
No cars standard mate no map, it's just a pupils and a come mate which I got off my mate a copy of a k&n typhoon I'm scared now iv heard this I mean iv drove steady tonight and got 30mpg on a small journey. I havnt got access to vag.com so how would I know if it's running ok? Anyone on facebook I can put a pic on there a bit easier haha

I am on facebook and looking for Mafia Wars members :lol:. I will add you if you join my Mafia :p

I wouldnt be too scared if you are running a standard map although I was told mine was running a little lean with stock map, milltek TBE and Carbonio, and the Carbonio is not going to be anywhere near as good at letting air in as a K&N Typhoon.

As mentioned above, its the AFR you need to look at. Fuelling can be checked on channel 230 on VAGCOM but if you are on a stock map, you is unlikely you are going to have any fuel shortages.

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Thanks man well it is standard anyway it's a copy of a typhoon I can't get access to vag.com though on my car would there be any signs it's running bad? No lights have come on or owt. Il put a pic on my facebook il join mafia haha what's your name pal?

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site

Is the EVOM's a lot louder than a dbilas? Also does the dbilas have the same air flow as a cone like the Evom's?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Is the EVOM's a lot louder than a dbilas? Also does the dbilas have the same air flow as a cone like the Evom's?

Evoms will be louder with it being a cone - there is a clip of a Cupra with an Evoms here, and it is defo more noticeable than my Dbilas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGbiPeQ6k7k

As for air flow, nobody has done back to back tests with induction kits yet that have been posted up on here so I am not sure any such detail would be accurate.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
hey horace, i have a 2.0tfsi fr with bluefin stage 1. I was goin to buy a second hand carbonio for £100 from a guy that had it on his mk5 golf gti. would this make it run lean, and if so can i just get another map to fix it? i should probably ask superchips I know, but thought itd just be easier to ask you seein as your on this thread

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Morning lads got 31 mpg on way to work this morning 10 mile trip not bad I think economy is ok like with the cone on. Is there anyway I'd no if it was a little lean without vagcom? I think the engines took well to it doesn't seem like there's any probs no lights on dash funny noises etc. Al, the pics will be up when I finish work later pal :)

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
i think people are getting anxious for no real reason here.
swapping the oem intake for any other cai will be very unlikely to cause any issues itself. the car would need to be running lean in the first place. a stock or any reputable map should be ok.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Morning lads got 31 mpg on way to work this morning 10 mile trip not bad I think economy is ok like with the cone on. Is there anyway I'd no if it was a little lean without vagcom? I think the engines took well to it doesn't seem like there's any probs no lights on dash funny noises etc. Al, the pics will be up when I finish work later pal :)

when you say you got 31mpg is that full flat out foot to the floor or is that town driving or a roads?
i can get 30 + mpg in my cupra no problem but not with my foot to the floor or stuck in a jam where a 10 mile journey takes an hour.