lost boost after metling and braking a n112 !!

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
right as you may have read my other threads im still stuck and getting really annoyed with it now.

other day i was driving about giving it some and after that i had hardly any boost, looked under the bonnet and the n112 thingy bob had the connection melted of it from were i had done my n249 by pass as the n112 thing was flapping about so must of fell behind and melted on something. fair enough. bought some resistors 330 ohms and 5w fitted them on to the two thingy bobs i needed to (pics below) that i read from searching on here (pics below) and also had a direct silicon hose from under the throttle bodie to the top of my dump valve (also pics below)

vag com it and cleared it all (it said about MAF voltage to low and something about lambda) the TCS light is still on? BUT the engine light did go and stay out.

so i went for a drive, and hey ho hardly any boost again. i can hear it spool up and that and dumps. but it goes no were, it smokes a bit too and pops (only white smoke) so hopefully one of you lot can help as im stuck :( i got the vag com results below as well as under bonnet shots:

oh and i have bought 330hms and 10w resistors of a member on here which will come tomorrow but a local electronics shop said these would work find.
vag com:
VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Control Module Part Number: 6K0 906 032 AA
Component and/or Version: 1.8L 20VT EU3 0002
Software Coding: 10500
Work Shop Code: WSC 79154
11 Faults Found:
17833 - EVAP Purge Valve (N80): Short to Ground
P1425 - 35-00 - -
17955 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1547 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
17525 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1117 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
17843 - Secondary Air Pump Relay (J299): Short to Ground
P1435 - 35-00 - -
17829 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1421 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
17697 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1289 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
16486 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Signal too Low
P0102 - 35-00 - -
17523 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1115 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
17522 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1114 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
16518 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: No Activity
P0134 - 35-00 - -
16524 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P0140 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
pics:

90a55c6a.jpg

3ced024a.jpg

253d3f76.jpg

b68ee94c.jpg

503b7bd7.jpg

someone PLEASE help me lol sorry for any spelling mistakes or anything im freezing and in a rush

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
im no expert but it looks to me like your n249 has already been done, that is the n249 valve i think?
heres my n249 bypass with just the vacum hoses bypassing the n249
07032010049.jpg

and my dv, it does look like yours needs to be turned round yeah but its adifferent make so unsure
07032010051.jpg

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
Cheers gaz. I have now got a problem lol. I did the bypass fine but last night I was giving it a bit and now it just doesn't boost it does a bit but no were near as much as it should and the reason is that the metal thing in the first picture the ends have melted it wasn't bolted down properly and it's ruined it basically lol do I need to know what it is so I can buy one any body? And how much are they? Cheers

Cheers gaz. I have now got a problem lol. I did the bypass fine but last night I was giving it a bit and now it just doesn't boost it does a bit but no were near as much as it should and the reason is that the metal thing in the first picture the ends have melted it wasn't bolted down properly and it's ruined it basically lol do I need to know what it is so I can buy one any body? And how much are they? Cheers

You don't need it. Replace it with the appropriate resistor (I have some) and bypass it.

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
right ok ive been looking at the threads about the n112 and cant really find it, ive asked ibiz125 if i can buy the resistor of him as i need to sort it desperatly my engine light is on and i have hardly any boost its doing my nut in :(

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
Help :S

right as i have melted one of the n112 valves im going to be putting two resistors in place of them im now stuck in what to do with n249 as ill have some of the silicone pipes not connected to anything? do i remove them all and just one silicone pipe going from under the throttle body to the top of the dump valve? ive searched and cant find a proper answer?

Also can i leave the SAI in place i dont have to do anything with it? all i want is to have my boost back after metling and braking a n112 lol

cheers for any help

Last edited:

Tom7

Yeh the split R is connected wrong,

Also make sure the atmospheric port is the one that is restricted as having the wrong port atmospheric will upset the car! It made mine cut out all the time!

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
Cheer mate I can't check untill after work but if it's not that do you think my MAF has gave up the ghost? I'm really stuck with this :(

Last edited:

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
yeah sounds like you may have blown a fuse when the valve connected, also have you still got the round black and white valve in line? cant see it in your pics

is there any other possibilty? i hope it is the fuse but knowing my luck it wont be also the TCS light is on? i clear it and comes back on.

The black and white thing is not in line with silicone hose going to my DV to under the throttle body no? i didnt think i needed it?

cheers for the help guys :)

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
ooo :/ all i have mate is that red silicone going from the top of my dump valve to the throttle body. which way should i put that white and black thing in that? if you can tell in the pics i have put resistors on the n112 and the other n112 lookin thing. so all i thought was i should just have a single silicone pipe going from the top of my dump valve to the throttle body??

mat_106

Feb 16, 2009
Chesterfield
cheers for your help gaz :) i have seen that before and seen a couple of others and from what i can gather all i needed to do was put the two resistors on them metal valve things and have a silicone pipe direct from dump valve to under the throttle body?? lol so confusing :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.