low ground clearance

mike_s14

Dec 11, 2005
staffs
Today while going down a rough lane to a country pub the darn undertray started scrapping on the mud afew inches high in the middle of the road :shrug:

When we got t the pub I took a look under expecting to find the undertray loose but no all way well and covered in mud

Anybody else experience this and is it purley bad design:blink:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Yep the undertray is pretty low.

I spend a lot of time on rural roads, and even small branches & other small bits of debris hit the bottom, which is why I haven't lowered mine...

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I never had any problems with my old one and that included going down farm tracks and over speedbumps. Has yours been lowered at all?

mike_s14

Dec 11, 2005
staffs
its not modified in any way and she was driving me to the pub quite slowly I thought;)

you could tell where we had drove a the mud had been nicely smothed in the center:whistle:

Triple D

Mine sometimes rubs when i park half the car up a kerb, but wont do any harm as they are plastic.as long as you dont wack it.

Chri5B

Scraping my undertray...
Oct 7, 2002
Staffs
www.cxi.org.uk
muddyboots said:
Yep the undertray is pretty low.

I spend a lot of time on rural roads, and even small branches & other small bits of debris hit the bottom, which is why I haven't lowered mine...

How are you finding the Monroe shocks MB?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Chri5B said:
How are you finding the Monroe shocks MB?
Certainly the ride quality has improved over the originals - not sure how best to describe it really, but the car stays more stable & smooth over rough bumpy stretches than it did before rather than bump-bump-bump.
I have a feeling they've actually raised the front ride height marginally; the front units were gas pressurised (if you pushed the rods in, they came straight back out under their own steam; rears seemed to stay put) and I think this is just lifting the front very slightly.

Niall fitted them to his too, he thought they were a good improvement too.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.