LOW torque??!!

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Hey i am just wondering if anyone knows why my torque figure is lower than expected! i had a custom map with RStuning and had 360 lbft of torque about a month ago (on a pd130 hydrid) and when i got on the RR last weekend it only managed 288lbft?? the break horse power was pretty much bang on for both @ 215bhp!

so thats about a 70lbft decrease any ideas?? is it worth giving RS tuning a ring to find out or am i being just paranoid?

cheers

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hey i am just wondering if anyone knows why my torque figure is lower than expected! i had a custom map with RStuning and had 360 lbft of torque about a month ago (on a pd130 hydrid) and when i got on the RR last weekend it only managed 288lbft?? the break horse power was pretty much bang on for both @ 215bhp!

so thats about a 70lbft decrease any ideas?? is it worth giving RS tuning a ring to find out or am i being just paranoid?

cheers

I'd have it dyno'd again to be honest, The rollers went bonkers that day we were on it.
M4rv3's 200SX sent the rollers scatty and the next Civic type R that went on there pulled around 300 and something BHP.

I'd have it rolling roaded again before contacting RS Tuning, If its still the same I'd be having words!

May 22, 2009
South Wales
ye i will have to get it done again! u kno where the nearest one is to south wales other than that? the wierd thing is that i am bang on with bhp!!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
The only one I knew of was on the 20th of Feb.
You could check the SWCC website, they normally run rolling road days pretty often.
I'm from Cardiff, Born and bred cockney tho ;)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
dyno-lottery.jpg

Never go with just one dynos results. Best to average your results over 2 or more different dynos!

Alsio remember that fuel, tyres, weather and ventilation (amongst many, many different parameters) will all have an impact on the run...

May 22, 2009
South Wales
ye there is that, but its just very wierd how i got the same bhp and i am down more than 70 lbft! i just cant see them being that far out! will have to get an other RR in the nxt few weeks and then will have 3 to compare! i would definately be expecting about 360lbft with the st2 hybrid! the 290lbft would be saticfactory for a petrol not a derv!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.