Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
It doesn’t work like that. VWFS supplies you the finance. VWFS don’t build the cars,VWFS don’t give you the warranty for the cars. VWFS ONLY supplies the finance. If you buy a car from seat and you believe it’s faulty it’s between you and seat not the company that provided you the finance for it. Please by all means do what you like but please keep updating this post of how you get on. I’d love to hear how this pans out.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I think that any product found to be defective IS partly the concern of the agent supplying the finance, remember who is currently the owner of this car, not the buyer, but VWFS.

What does it say on the cars log book? VWFS?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
So I’ve just popped out the shop. First time I’ve driven the car of an evening and therefore the coldest time of day since I’ve had the car. Well....it was definitely being a bellend in first and second gear :censored:.

Hopefully it’s my driving but having had 4 Leon’s I doubt it!!!

Vag8

Jul 5, 2019
So I’ve just popped out the shop. First time I’ve driven the car of an evening and therefore the coldest time of day since I’ve had the car. Well....it was definitely being a bellend in first and second gear :censored:.

Hopefully it’s my driving but having had 4 Leon’s I doubt it!!!

Nice to know I’m not the only one.... managed to drive a Ford mondeo the other day and drove perfectly, got back in my Leon and bounced done the road again... I’m convinced it’s to do with the clutch sensor or it’s just that the 1.5 130 engine is crap....

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Nice to know I’m not the only one.... managed to drive a Ford mondeo the other day and drove perfectly, got back in my Leon and bounced done the road again... I’m convinced it’s to do with the clutch sensor or it’s just that the 1.5 130 engine is crap....
I’m 1.5 150. I’ll keep an eye on it, it hasn’t done it again, so possibly was my driving but I’m more mindful of it having read this thread

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Has anyone get any reference numbers/bulletin numbers for this and the ‘fix’? Mine is notably doing it. I’m going to the dealership this afternoon to collect some trim clips so I’m going to ask them about it and see if I can get it booked in.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
No recalls outstanding apparently and can’t book it in to be looked at as the staff as still on furlough.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
No recalls outstanding apparently and can’t book it in to be looked at as the staff as still on furlough.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but unless this engine trait is considered to be a safety hazard, it will never show up as an outstanding recall action on any records.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
The update is for the older 130 and 150 engines the DACA and DADA codes.

my 130 is going for update next month

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
The update is for the older 130 and 150 engines the DACA and DADA codes.

my 130 is going for update next month
Where can I get the engine code from mate? Sorry if that’s a stupid question.
No idea where to go from here but it’s bloody annoying. I also feel that it is sometimes flat in gears 1 & 2.
1.4 150bhp engine definitely more playful!

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
No idea where to go from here but it’s bloody annoying. I also feel that it is sometimes flat in gears 1 & 2.
i think its stamped on the sticker on the cambelt cover.

or in the Manual front cover

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My mistake with not reading this thread's latest postings, anyway, you are markings on the engine which should be DPBA or DPCA, and as your car is the 150PS output version I'd expect it to be DPCA.

Have you not checked your car's details in the SEAT app or your SET account?

Edit:- I'd think that the grim news could be that you have the newer and so "well sorted out" updated engine, oh dear!

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
My mistake with not reading this thread's latest postings, anyway, you are markings on the engine which should be DPBA or DPCA, and as your car is the 150PS output version I'd expect it to be DPCA.

Edit:- I'd think that the grim news could be that you have the newer and so "well sorted out" updated engine, oh dear!
Yeah that engine is deemed “sorted” :think:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017

I’ll try and find the engine code shortly.

I wasn’t aware of a SEAT app and what is a SET account haha!?

The lady on reception at service seemed to know what I was on about but then proceeded to say that my car has nothing outstanding to be done.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Looks like DPCA to me!? (I’ve edited out anything which may have been unique to my car).

So, what next? Or have I got a ‘fixed’ engine?

17BBE59D-D14F-468B-83F5-7A6E21504BB9.jpeg

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire

In your boot underneath the carpet where the spare wheel would normally be, there will be a white sticker with many different codes on it. I believe number 3 is your engine code.

Reactions: Luke_bank

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Looks like DPCA to me!? (I’ve edited out anything which may have been unique to my car).

So, what next? Or have I got a ‘fixed’ engine?

View attachment 16526
Live with it, there isn’t a fix as it’s apparently “not an issue”

i have lived with my little kangaroo for nearly 2 years now. However mine is due the update but i doubt it will acheive much

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Live with it, there isn’t a fix as it’s apparently “not an issue”

i have lived with my little kangaroo for nearly 2 years now. However mine is due the update but i doubt it will acheive much

Nightmare. So I have the ‘fixed’ engine right!?:cry:

I need to get it booked in anyway as the boot is hard to close. Think the catch needs adjusting.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.