Miles per tank

RATTLEDUSER

1.4tsi, driving like an old man for the first 500 miles or so in eco mode town driving mostly short journeys of 2-3 miles. 39mpg

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
45mpg so far during my first 1,000 miles. 20 miles each way to work down the Fosse so anything between 30-70mph depending on farm vehicles but not too many stop starts.

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Ive been tracking my MPG and Miles per tank for a few months just to try and establish roughly how much the dash computer is out, so far on average its around 7%.
My mileage is almost always short journeys and I usually get around the 400 mark.

Last edited:

Ant

Jan 19, 2014
North Somerset
I'm fairly certain my dash computer is becoming more accurate over time. A few months ago, Fuelly would report ~55mpg average over the tank, whilst the computer itself had never shown an average of over 50mpg. Now, Fuelly has reported 55-56mpg on the last two tanks whilst the computer has been giving around 53-57mpg on most trips.

In terms of miles per tank, I've recently been filling up after about 500 miles, with the computer indicating a range 70-80 miles remaining. 2.0TDI 150PS.

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
Personally I never think in terms of miles per tank. The difference between 400 and 420 (for example) could easily arise because of residue in tank prior to fill-up.

I use Fuelly (see below). Technically it should be more accurate than the car system because you know to the 100th of a litre how much a fill up is, and therefore what has been used, always assuming the petrol pump is accurate ;). The mileage is that shown by the car so will not change in any calculation car vs fuelly.

I'm sure somebody here converts his recorded mileage by a pre-determined factor based on actual distance comparisons comparing the car with something else (motorway posts, for example), but that's a bit too far for me!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Can't beat noting mileage at every fill up, and divide by galls used, proves the trip computer is a lot more accurate than folk think too (on a 280 anyway) Had to do this when I was self employed, never got out the habit, have all my cars mpg etc going back to 1990.

Ant

Jan 19, 2014
North Somerset
Update on mine - I drove from Bristol to Lincolnshire late last night. Averaged 61.4mpg, fuel gauge went down 2 blocks in the 200 miles, and an indicated 440 miles remaining.

Dashcam also captured a great demonstration of the LED lights on main beam - will try and upload when I get home next week.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Update on mine - I drove from Bristol to Lincolnshire late last night. Averaged 61.4mpg, fuel gauge went down 2 blocks in the 200 miles, and an indicated 440 miles remaining.

Dashcam also captured a great demonstration of the LED lights on main beam - will try and upload when I get home next week.

Be interested in that, as I have not driven the new car in the dark yet.:)

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
I'm not very impressed. The headlights aren't a patch on HIDs, but that's another topic probably best left until the winter when we're all driving in the dark!

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
Great MPG

I have a Leon 1.2TSI SE, just had a trip down south from Glasgow to Cambridge. Using ordinary ASDA petrol, my trip computer quoted at Cambridge, 394 miles, ave speed 57mph, 6.5 hrs and mpg of 56.2. I know they are probably not that accurate but it should be close. Coming back the traffic was heavier and got caught in road works but still showed 52mpg when I got back to Glasgow. I though that was brilliant and still had just under 1/2 tank of fuel after each trip.
Only problem was the media system stopped working while I was away...a v quiet trip back except the wind noise from the mirrors !

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
...and the road noise from the tyres? The cabin noise in general is one of the low points for me...
The lower MPG figure is to be expected as it all up hill on the way back! ;)

Last edited:

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
...and the road noise from the tyres? The cabin noise in general is one of the low points for me...

Do you get a lot of tyre noise? I get very little. If I put the car into normal/eco at 70mph it is very very quiet and relaxed.

Are you still on the factory tyres? (Assuming Conti's)

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow

Lol...true enough....! Even with no music system I don't think the road noise is a problem. Its certainly one of the quietest and refined cars I have owned. Maybe as I only have 16'' wheels...still on the original continentals too

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
My tyre noise was one of the first thing I noticed on the drive home after collecting the car, still on the original conti's, on the motorway at times its almost unbearable... I've put some of it down to having shot seals in the doors... Must get them sorted to see if it improves

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
1.2 TSi SE. Best I've had so far over a two week spell. Includes a few long drives (50-100 miles) during the first week and a few days at work in the second.
10352756_10152504437687419_994127500130562353_n.jpg

Last edited:

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
My tyre noise was one of the first thing I noticed on the drive home after collecting the car, still on the original conti's, on the motorway at times its almost unbearable... I've put some of it down to having shot seals in the doors... Must get them sorted to see if it improves

Mine came with Bridgestone Turanzas, and TBH they are one of the quietest I've ever had.

SamC12

Aug 15, 2017
I have a 1.2tsi 105 and I just got 622miles on a tank. averaging 55.1mpg, I'm happy with that to be fair

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.