The PC is as follows:

AMD 64
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF motherboard
512Mb Corsair PC3200 memory
320GB 2.5" SATA HDD
Nvidia 6100 on board video
BU-353 GPS
M2-ATX power

In the dash is a Linitx 7" touch monitor fabbed into the double DIN housing and again covered with grey pig suede.

Below the monitor are power and reset buttons and a mini keyboard.

100_1989.JPG

100_1995.JPG

I have changed all of the internal speakers in the car for Infinity Kappa 165mm components in the front and Infinity Kappa 6x9's in the rear.

In the boot I have a Blaupunkt amp driving the Infinity speakers and a Mutant amp and subwoofer.

The boot has been boxed in by myself and everything covered with grey pig suede.

100_1984.JPG

100_1988.JPG

100_1986.JPG

100_1985.JPG

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
hopefully you've vented the motherboard otherwise it'll fry in that perspex casing...thought you would have put at least 1Gb RAM, but possibly if you don't have much processor usage you won't need it

not a fan of the suede...but credit for overall effort :thumbup:

wolfie

The install cost about £500 altogether - I work in IT so the PC was free. The biggest expense was the screen at £170. I did all the work myself so install costs were minimal.

The PC does not need venting as it is a low power AMD 64 so heat is not much of a problem, but i have a fan hole in the perspex to let some heat out.

The winsows front end is a custom one written by one of the members over at www.digital-car.co.uk. It is written in flash and controls mp3 playing, radio, satnav, video and web access. As this is all the PC does 512MB ram is fine.

Anyone needs to know more PM me.

wolfie

I don't need the boot as the car is only used for travelling for my job. I have one of the new Honda CR-V's as a family car as I have 3 kids.

The back seat is my boot for the laptop etc...

wolfie

It is a 1.4 Formula Sport.

The PC has a front end that is controlled by a touchscreen in the dash This frontend controls, mp3 audio, radio, video, satnav and web access.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members