MK1 Leon GT2x Build - thats it folks

jamiebennett81

The TT 225 Forge TIP fits the GT2X turbo and the 3" MAF as well, but it's too restrictive, so yes, you will use the ATP intake for better flow and to fit the 3" MAF.

You do NOT need a silicone reducer to fit the Carbonio, a 76mm silicone coupler goes onto the 3" MAF just fine.

thanks for that Rob, that has cleared things up

car is with AMD at the moment getting the tracking sorted, and Simon is just putting some prices for the fitting and mapping together so will have some costs by close of play today:)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Hi M8,
was looking into doing this conversion as well or selling up and getting the mk2 cupra but im trying to justify buying something thats ugly :blink: , please dont flame me , my personal view.
Have you got ne idea on prices yet as to remap? or time to get it mapped? , i know i would prefer and fell better driving a car that looks and goes well.

Rob.

jamiebennett81

Hi M8,
was looking into doing this conversion as well or selling up and getting the mk2 cupra but im trying to justify buying something thats ugly :blink: , please dont flame me , my personal view.
Have you got ne idea on prices yet as to remap? or time to get it mapped? , i know i would prefer and fell better driving a car that looks and goes well.

Rob.

AMD are calling me at some point today or over the next couple of days

Simon at AMD is just trying to finalise mapping costs and then he will put a package together for me

I should have some more info at the end of the week, so keep an eye out for further updates on here

intial discussions were about £500 - £600 for mapping and about £300 for fitment....:)

jamiebennett81

well only a minor update

cost of the mapping will be £599 incl VAT, and 1 day + 1/2 fitting labour time for the kit

so looking at close to £1000 for the complete setup

was searching on the ATP website, and found this, dyno of the GT2x setup, and its pushing 259bhp (see the options fitted to the car under the graph)

but with mine, I will have the added JBS manifold, uprated exhaust + race cat and the Pro Alloy FMIC which should see it nicely between the 280 - 290bhp mark and approximtely 300lbft

if you look at the graph, the turbo is still hitting 250bhp roughly at 6500rpm! :funk::drool:

happy days :D

eliminator_transverse_dyno2.gif

jamiebennett81

550cc injectors is a bit ott i would say?

cant really comment, as its taken directly from the US site, so no idead why they are using this injector size, could it affect the following scenario/question:

emailed a friend earlier about the graph, he said it looks laggy as it does not seem to come on full spool till about 3700rpm

however this graph is based on the fact it has not got the manifold, uprated exhaust and FMIC

FMIC wont make much of a difference, if anything it will make it more laggy, but my question is, will the manifold and uprated exhaust help the turbo spool earlier up the rev range?

as for the full boost not to come on till 3700rpm is quite late I would have thought for a turbo or application of this size (its not classed as a big turbo):confused:

what do the K03 hybrids spool from?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Does it not also depend on the FPR rating?
Is it not that you can run bigger injectors off a 3 BAR FPR and smaller injectors off of a 4 BAR.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
according to my graph... i hit peak torque at 3600rpm .(strange though its felt at 4k when driving :confused:) so id agree its arriving late.. but its an american graph... i heard somewhere they do things a little differently:shrug:

jamiebennett81

running 225 injectors on this will be fine though I would have thought with running a 4bar fpr?

caveo

i think thats why revo is so agressive, its like wham! av a litre of boom juice and ere we go.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
i think thats why revo is so agressive, its like wham! av a litre of boom juice and ere we go.

shows the lacking in knowledge a bit there...:whistle:

you can adjust the timing on an injector... so a 550cc injector at 3 bar can open less than a 440cc at 3 bar..

so your 440's could be flat out, but the 550's have a lot more head room (therefore safer)

But why let the truth get in the way of some good old fashioned tuner bashing/bullshit