MK2 Ibiza Suspension / Coilover Fitting Guide

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
:confused:Same question: Mk2 1.4 SXE.. which coilovers/lowering springs??
ANYONE have a part number??
Help appreciated :)
Please remember I'm running a student budget, any ideas? :redface:

For Student budget and coilovers I would highly recommend (aswell as a few others) the TA Technix/Hottuning coilovers (They are Ta Technix).

Had them on my Ibiza (1.4) since July and so far havent had any problems what so ever with them.

state trooper

Hi i am new to this forum but could anyone please tell me how to set the front suspention back up once you have removed the strut from the car, whether its to replace the wheel bearings change the strut ,there is so much play in the two bolts that hold the strut on to the bottom hub ,unless i have something missing from the bolts ie bushes

can anyone help please

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
As you tighten the bolts the play will go. It's to set the camber which will need to be done by a garage with the right equipment.

Josh m

ive probably just missed this sumwere in this thread but wat is the lowest you can go without shorter drop links?? cheers

seatvr6

Apr 18, 2010
just dropped mine about 80mm looks mint if there was no speed humps id do 100mm

TJBeezer

Jun 15, 2010
Near Leeds
Basically, just wondering if there's any parts that need refreshing when fitting lowering springs. Not fitted them yet and just wondering if there's any parts that need renewing along with the springs?

TJBeezer

Jun 15, 2010
Near Leeds
Would the top mounts that are on the car at the moment be alright to be put back on? They were replaced about a year ago.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Like trucido said, top mounts

They don't cost much, and can make a difference, while you got the suspension off, it will make it easier

Deleted member 32025

quick noob question, i have just got a set of TA Technix coilovers not fitted them yet.
But to adjust ride hight do you just alter the position of the nut where the spring is?
And what direction does what?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yes, you loosen the lower "collar" then the other collar is the adjusted

higher the collar = raised car
lower the collar = lower car

if you leave it as it is when you get it (the collar position) it is dropped 120mm, and I did it, was funny :p

Deleted member 32025

that's what I thought, but I thought it was better to double check. :)

What height you got yours at? Front and back?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
not sure on height, just do it by sight, then get the measuring tape out, and get the other side the same (on a flat surfact, I measure from floor to the arch, going through the centre cap)

i'd estimate 85-95mm, might be more, who knows lol

if someone can measure the standard floor to arch distance all around, I will then post up mine (go out and measure it)

Deleted member 32025

ah right, I'll probably just do the same. Can't wait to get them on!

Is there any point in changing the struts? I read somewhere about changing them for shorter ones so you don't alter your wheel camber?