MK3 Cupra cutch - On way out?

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Guys, how do I know when my clutch is on gthe way out?

At the moment I am having an issue with stalling. when I approach a junction/lights and I go down to 1st with thc clutch in (all the way), the revs go below 1K bounce a little and stall.
However, if I go in to nuetral instead, with the clutch out, it doesn't stall.

I also have a ticking/clicking when the car is running and the clutch is out. This stops when I put the clutch in.

Thirdly, my 'biting point' is quite far up the pedal now. I can't remember if it's high or low when it's on the way out.

It's not slipping though.

Any info would be much appreciated.
thanks

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Best way to check a clutch is to put it in third or fourth from a standstill, handbrake still applied and release the clutch pedal. If it slips abit before it stalls then its on its way out.

Have you tried bleeding the clutch?

The clicking/ticking will be the clutch release bearing... have you have the VR6 clutch put in? (You can usually here the release bearing on these but not on the standard dual mass clutches).

stupac

Hybrid Mk3 Power
Aug 10, 2007
Aberdeen, Scotland
i agree with Alex re the taking off in 3rd/4th gear, also i noticed it started to slip when on full boost but not when moving off from a stand still, obviously more strain on the clutch with the power, just somthing to look out for?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members