MK3 ibiza cupra - MODS

sheeran92

hello everyone

i am looking to buy a MK3 ibiza cupra. i am looking for a standard one. when i buy the car i wish to ad little mods like:

Exhaust
remap
induction kit
intercooler
boost gauges
turbo timer

could you help me to decide what makes are good and best for the money, i have heard that when you ad mods to turbo cars you have to map it to the mods so will it be best if i buy the parts fit them then get it remapped.

would i need all these mods or could i just get away with a remap and exhaust

what kind of bhp and torque will i be looking at

reply and let me know what you think

thanks

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
exhaust :

miltec
blueflame

intercooler:

forge
universal one of ebay

remap

revo
bill @ badger5
rs tuning
jabbasport

bhp wise stage 1 190-200 mark, stage 2 210-230ish

you dont need a turbotimer as it has a secondary water circulation which pumps water around the turbo for 10 mins so does the same job as a turbo timer.

boost guages is your choice what ever takes your fancy
induction kit, forge tip and a jetex cone filter or a jabbasport induction kit

sheeran92

sorry didnt understand the

'you dont need a turbotimer as it has a secondary water circulation which pumps water around the turbo for 10 mins so does the same job as a turbo timer.'

is there a website that offers all of these mods.

i just want a bit more power but don't want to spend t much money could i just get away with exhaust, remap.

would i need a full exhaust what kind of power diff is there between cat back and full exhaust

also which stage remap will i need to go for stage 1/stage 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
sorry didnt understand the

'you dont need a turbotimer as it has a secondary water circulation which pumps water around the turbo for 10 mins so does the same job as a turbo timer.'

is there a website that offers all of these mods.

i just want a bit more power but don't want to spend t much money could i just get away with exhaust, remap.

would i need a full exhaust what kind of power diff is there between cat back and full exhaust

Full exhaust gives more freedom for the gas straight from the engine, Catback leaves some resistance, obv, before the cat.

The ibiza cupra's as standard have a facility that protects the turbo by circulating water around the turbo to keep it warm so it doesn't fook up.

TBF. Don't be lazy, go to a reputable tuning place, eg: AmD, and ask them directly. They'll be more help with your personal car.

More power is never cheap. You scrimp, and you pay more in the long run. first things first are FMIC, exhaust, N249 + N75 bypass (IIRC) then remap, that'll make the most of the components you have. If you don't have the money, save. get it done bit by bit, N249 and 75 cost the price of a resister. Exhaust is a couple hundred quid IIRC and FMIC depends on where you go.

Also, read other owners threads, you'll find out what difference different components make. you may well change your mind on what you want before you do it :)

sheeran92

ok mate sorry about sounding abit neewbie just new to this forum as as this car is going to be my first car i want it just right if you get what i mean. my mate just has a blueflame catback with a remap he say its around 215bhp-220bhp could i acheive this

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
ok mate sorry about sounding abit newbie just new to this forum as as this car is going to be my first car i want it just right if you get what i mean. my mate just has a blueflame catback with a remap he say its around 215bhp-220bhp could i acheive this

haha, I saw the post count. I didn't mean to come over hard. As you said, you want to get it right, and thats understandable. But if you only spend a little, you'll only get a little out of the engine. spend more, you get more.

Unless your very lucky with the parts lottery, I doubt you'll see past 200 without an exhaust AND FMIC. but you don't know till you try. has your mate got the same size car? the smallness of the ibiza sometimes makes up for a slight lack of horses. Also, think about what happens when you need to stop/go round a bend, these are all factors that can make your drive more pleasurable.... :)

sheeran92

ok mate cheers for your help.

well he has a mk3 cupra also well as i have about £1000 saved up on mods i reckon i will start on exhaust and remap see how i like that i don't want anything to crazy just nice to have the power there i bet you know what i mean :p

what would you suggest about exhaust and remap

exhuast: blueflame or milltek (catbacks)

remap i not really got a clue about what make, what stage to go for

cheers for your time by the way

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Go for either Revo stage 1, Custom Code Phase 1 or AMD do their own maps that are highly spoken of. Who ever is your nearest dealer really. But id get a full turbo back exhaust on aswell to help.

tommy2008cupra

just buy one already modded save sum £££ its hard to find a standard one anyway

sheeran92

cheers for the map advice how much you reckon i will be looking at for the mapping.

i found a milltek off awesome-gti i think its around £600-£700 i haven't yet found a blueflame do you no wear i can get on from

i have also found a standard yellow one 51plate 57k miles for £3400 so i might buy snapping that one up

Bowen

Jun 5, 2009
on daveibiza's drive.
Hi mate, as for mapping you pay roughly £350+ VAT....

As for your other questions, have a search about the forum all the info is there you can only make up your on mind.

p.s standard 51 plate for £3500 is good.

sheeran92

cheers bowen mate i will have a look around

i thought its a good deal aswell soon be getting it some time in the next week i will post some pictures up when i have it

cheers all for the replys keep them coming

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
cheers for the map advice how much you reckon i will be looking at for the mapping.

i found a milltek off awesome-gti i think its around £600-£700 i haven't yet found a blueflame do you no wear i can get on from

i have also found a standard yellow one 51plate 57k miles for £3400 so i might buy snapping that one up

Get one direct from blueflame. Got a turbo back on mine and its brilliant! Cheaper and better imo than the miltek

sheeran92

yeah i think i will be getting a blueflame turbo back cheers cupramillo

do you reckon i can get away with just a turbo back exhaust (blueflame) and a remap still don't know what make i been going through the forum and jabba and revo keep popping up but i don't know which one out of the two to go for

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Best to get all the mods on first then mapped to take all these into account or you wont get the most out of them. Thing i have learnt is that its best to be patient and wait longer if need be. Dont rush modding and do things properly.

Get a decent air filter, forge tip, forge dv, exhaust, intercooler then go to stage 1. Or get a few more bits and put a ko3s on and jump straight to stage 2

sheeran92

cheers for the advice mate thats exactally what i am going to do i don't really want to go crazy and ko3 it.

but i am defo liking the sounds of blueflame turbo back exhaust,intercooler,induction kit,DV,and remap it will take me a little longer to get money for the mods but i'm sure it will be worth it in the long run.

as you just said put the mods on then get it mapped does it matter how long it will take me to map it or will it be fine

Benson

i bought one already mod'd with a p torque remap and a cat back exhaust, its got RR print out for 202 bhp and it gos really well, id recomend these mods, intercooler is also a really good mod the standard one is tiny!

sheeran92

hello boys still havent got my cupra but have found one for sale near me so should be soon

the mods i am going to do is:

revo stage 1 remap
blueflame turbo back exhaust
uni intercooler off ebay
induction kit (what one to go for)
dump v (again what one to go for)

someone sed in the posts above about a n249 and a n75 bypass what are these where can i get them do i need them

also the cupra i have found is yellow 56K miles 51plate he is looking for around £3700 is that a good price

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
hello boys still havent got my cupra but have found one for sale near me so should be soon

the mods i am going to do is:

revo stage 1 remap
blueflame turbo back exhaust
uni intercooler off ebay
induction kit (what one to go for)
dump v (again what one to go for)

someone sed in the posts above about a n249 and a n75 bypass what are these where can i get them do i need them

Jetex or green for induction kits and you cant really go wrong.
IIRC the part number from jetex is FR-07003 for the one to get raited to 320bhp just make sure its a 70mm neck size.

DV most people get the forge 007P. if you want some wooshy wooshy then you have tubosmart and the forge split-r valve.

N249 + N112 can be removed see here.(its not as complex as it looks)
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42406&highlight=n112

N75 doesnt need to be bypassed.

Liamx

MK3 Ibiza Cupra :)
Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Sorry to hijack the thread and go off topic a little, but does the '92' in your username refer to the year you were born?

If so, have you checked how much insurance will be? The insurance company will love it when they slap you a 5 figure premium :).