MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Dabhad

Oct 27, 2015
Mine was build week 4. Took delivery this morning. Few things to get used to, but my first drive was nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you pick it from IMG? did they still have loads of cupras in the back awaiting collection?

i have been told that they should be recieving more from the uk port to thier dealerships and mine should be on next batch coming in to them

then prep which can be a week on top so no specific date yet but few weeks hopefully

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
Mine was a week 4. Was at dealers a couple of weeks ago and delivered on Tuesday. Delighted with it so far even though driving gently for first few weeks. It's an ST and, to me, looks terrific in Monsoon Grey. For the 10 mins I can keep it clean in this weather of course. I hadn't seen one other than in pictures so really pleased.

Also hadn't test driven one so it's all a surprise.

Whilst waiting I enjoyed reading the first impressions of others, so here's mine.

Firstly, I'm not sure what I was expecting but it's so docile (in Comfort/Sport anyway) when pulling away and at low throttle settings. However, you can feel the urge as you use some more throttle and even running in I can make very good progress at around 3000-3500rpm tops and half throttle. Looking forward to a few weeks time to see how it really goes. It's done 300 miles so won't take long.

Car feels wieldy but then it would after my Insignia. Ride is, as others have said, very comfy rising to very firm in Cupra.

The interior is nicer than I expected - it's a while since I sat in a Leon (not Cupra) in showroom. I think it's really lifted by the digital cockpit. I like the big touchscreen and the tech is generally really good. The dash is high definition and very functional. Some nice touches like the 3D model of the car when you switch off, which rotates to show which door is open and the album art displayed within the dials. It's nicely configurable and looks smart with the map in the middle and info in the dials. Bit of a disappointment that Cupra mode brings no change - why not different colour or the Audi like rev counter in the middle? Overall it's great though.

Shame the door LEDs only come on with the lights on (unless I'm doing it wrong) as do add to the cabin - a colleagues' 5 series has two rows in front and back, which light all the time and looks nice.

Once thing I cannot get to work is the auto lowering of the passenger mirror when reversing. Have done as per manual (set to R) but cannot get it to work. I did read something on the forums ages ago about this not working but assumed sorted by now as still an option in the menus - have searched but can't find latest position, anyone know?

Overall I am delighted with the car and it definitely has that 'look back' factor when you park up and walk away. A shout out to Derby Seat who were brilliant throughout and to the delivery driver who trundled it down (in Comfort!) to Dorset.

Finally, thank you to all of you on the forums for entertaining me whilst I waited. I will hang around and contribute if I can.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Shame the door LEDs only come on with the lights on (unless I'm doing it wrong) as do add to the cabin - a colleagues' 5 series has two rows in front and back, which light all the time and looks nice.

Once thing I cannot get to work is the auto lowering of the passenger mirror when reversing. Have done as per manual (set to R) but cannot get it to work. I did read something on the forums ages ago about this not working but assumed sorted by now as still an option in the menus - have searched but can't find latest position, anyone know?

Morning mate,
Good review.

Not sure what has changed as I'm still in my pre facelift MK3 but ..

The LED lights just seem to be less visible during the day, but I only have the choice of red and white in the prefacelift.

Have you looked at the intensity settings or tried changing to see if another color shows up more?
May be someone else with a facelift can comment?

The passenger wing mirror lowers when you set the dial to "L" for the left mirror. This is for the RHD vehicles - after you've enabled it and set it up.

Nice to hear that the cockpit makes such a difference to the interior.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DavidTVN

Nov 22, 2017
you pick it from IMG? did they still have loads of cupras in the back awaiting collection?

i have been told that they should be recieving more from the uk port to thier dealerships and mine should be on next batch coming in to them

then prep which can be a week on top so no specific date yet but few weeks hopefully

Hi mate. I didn’t get mine from IMG, I got a better deal elsewhere that included driven delivery.

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Been speaking to the supplying dealer this morning, IMG Warrington

Collection on Wednesday 14th March 2018 ! :funk:

I've asked that the dealer doesn't prep the vehicle beyond removing all the transport film, which I was pleasantly surprised they agreed to as the Cupra is a PCH car

So hopefully I will be collecting a filthy new car :happy:

Reason? I do all my own car Detailing

I'll post some pic's on collection

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
Morning mate,
Good review.

Not sure what has changed as I'm still in my pre facelift MK3 but ..

The LED lights just seem to be less visible during the day, but I only have the choice of red and white in the prefacelift.

Have you looked at the intensity settings or tried changing to see if another color shows up more?
May be someone else with a facelift can comment?

The passenger wing mirror lowers when you set the dial to "L" for the left mirror. This is for the RHD vehicles - after you've enabled it and set it up.

Nice to hear that the cockpit makes such a difference to the interior.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Was following instructions too slavishly! Works now.

KGoogle

Jan 7, 2018
I rang SEAT the other day was told the car was a on ship docking Friday, now I have received a email saying it hasn't even been shipped yet because of the bad weather :s don't know what to believe

PEBCAK

Sep 4, 2017
Just had an email my car is ready and I’m picking it from IMG on the 17th. BW5 and arrived in the uk on the 21st. Getting excited now.

Cupra_Jay_300

Now: Magnetic Grey 290 LUX. Then: Nevada White 300
Jan 25, 2018
Just had an email my car is ready and I’m picking it from IMG on the 17th. BW5 and arrived in the uk on the 21st. Getting excited now.

I am heading up to IMG on the 17th to collect mine too. Had to get my head around the finances though when the paperwork came through. expected to pay £259 + admin fee but it is £1201 with IMG paying £763 contribution via cheque to make up the funds. Is this the same for you guys?

PEBCAK

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah I’m going to email back about that as I’m a little confused. From what are you saying I pay the full £1201 and then they give you a cheque for £763? I like you thought I paid the £259 + admin fee. If that is the case then hmm.

shapalando

Sep 2, 2017
I am heading up to IMG on the 17th to collect mine too. Had to get my head around the finances though when the paperwork came through. expected to pay £259 + admin fee but it is £1201 with IMG paying £763 contribution via cheque to make up the funds. Is this the same for you guys?
Yes my paper work says I have £1179 to pay but getting £929 cashback. Think this is a personal offer img do to shift motors and not directly seat offering the deal but the dealership.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cupra_Jay_300

Now: Magnetic Grey 290 LUX. Then: Nevada White 300
Jan 25, 2018
Yeah I’m going to email back about that as I’m a little confused. From what are you saying I pay the full £1201 and then they give you a cheque for £763? I like you thought I paid the £259 + admin fee. If that is the case then hmm.

You pay nothing on the day, the £1201 has to be paid within 7 days of collecting the car. This is why they give you the cheque

£763 cheque + £259 deposit + £179 admin fee = £1201

If like me you paid a £250 holding fee to order the car you will also get this refunded to your card on collection.

Hope this helps

broona

Sep 7, 2017
And I've just had a phone call to say my car has been built and should be with me in 3-4 weeks, hurrah!

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
You pay nothing on the day, the £1201 has to be paid within 7 days of collecting the car. This is why they give you the cheque

£763 cheque + £259 deposit + £179 admin fee = £1201

If like me you paid a £250 holding fee to order the car you will also get this refunded to your card on collection.

Hope this helps

Cheers for the above Jay, clears it up as I was going to ring up about it tomorrow :)

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
My BW was brought foreword around 10 weeks so I've got a 2017 build so no digi dash for me, which if I'm being honest about I'm not to bothered as my car is a PCH one

Collecting from IMG Warrington on Wednesday 14th March & had the same email as you guys about the initial payment

Mine is -

£1390.98 initial payment

Minus 1st payment of £249
Minus admin fee of £178.80

Cheque back to me of £963.18 which all adds up to initial payment

Confirmed via email with my Sales person, Phil -
'The initial payment will be taken 7-10 days after you have collected the car'

I ordered mine in August & I am yet to see, on the road, a 5 door Cupra let alone a mystery blue one

I have a feeling I'll be seeing a fair few at IMG on Wednesday ! :happy::happy::happy:

KUSHTY

Jul 6, 2017
Cambridge
Took delivery today of my Cupra (SC, Black, DSG). Wow, the car is so fun to drive. Also love how understated it looks. The wait since October was 100% worth it. (delivered with passenger lights not working but that's just a minor nuisance).