MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Also they were the only options on the 290 I thought

Massively couldn’t even get quotes from most people, at 33 I should’nt be having this problem.im on a multi car policy with them so wanted to keep the discount. I’m gonna stick with what admiral have put, then cone renewal maybe an update will be complete by that point.
yeah I have just doen the same as you, insured it as a 290T and come renewal in February I the correct car will be on everyones system

Reactions: Liam Willingale

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
What do folk on here think about gap insurance?
A good thing and would definitely recommend?
Or just a scam that you should just ignore?

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014

I would definitely recommend. If your cars stolen or written off the insurance will only pay the market value which may not be enough to cover any outstanding finance you have against the car. I got mine from ALA. It also offers back to invoice price making it easier to get a new replacement.

Reactions: Brooster89

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
I would definitely recommend. If your cars stolen or written off the insurance will only pay the market value which may not be enough to cover any outstanding finance you have against the car. I got mine from ALA. It also offers back to invoice price making it easier to get a new replacement.
Cheers for response. I get what the purpose of it is but I had assumed that because it is only going to be a 24 month lease the market value should still be enough? (or am I being extremely niave)

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Cheers for response. I get what the purpose of it is but I had assumed that because it is only going to be a 24 month lease the market value should still be enough? (or am I being extremely niave)

It also covers remainng payments that you may be liable for, you need to check the finance agreement.

So if it got written off in month 1 you could be liable for the next 23 payments.

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford

I'm gonna take GAP insurance out.... I live in Bradford, big problem hear with local scum stealing mostly hi-powered Vw's Audi's, BMW's etc
It was a major consideration before I ordered the Cupra ST and run the risk of putting my wife and I in danger,

Everyday in the local news, you here of burglary's were thieves have broken into the house to steal keys to hi-powered cars
also drivers being targeted followed and confronted by armed men car jacking at traffic lights etc

It's like the norm so there's a real risk of mine becoming a statistic, I'd be very foolish of me not to take out the insurance so at least if it's stolen i wont be left with loads of debt and no car...

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
It also covers remainng payments that you may be liable for, you need to check the finance agreement.

So if it got written off in month 1 you could be liable for the next 23 payments.
Cheers, will investigate and consider.

Received a supplier arrival date of 17 November from Nationwide this morning for my ST so looks like things are finally starting to progress.

Reactions: beddin90

Richard Blackman

Oct 9, 2018
Cheers, will investigate and consider.

Received a supplier arrival date of 17 November from Nationwide this morning for my ST so looks like things are finally starting to progress.

Use ALA68 on the ALA website to get a bit of a reduction (up to 10%). I am just starting to look as my BW42 ST 4drive is 2 hours away from docking in Grmsby (Pegasus Ace if anyone as sad as me wants to track it) :flag:

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks

Don't trip over yourself with GAP insurance. I took a policy with ALA, however I checked my Aviva car insurance policy and they will cover the full amount of a total loss if the car is less than a year old. Check your car insurance T's&C's.

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Quick update on my BW41, ST 300 4Drive. The broker confirms it is on route to, or at the dealership. I have a few forms to click sign in the next 48 hours and we should be able to arrange delivery soon. We had a good chat about the whole Winter Pack mistake, and it clearly was initiated by SEAT themselves. Not bothered about it personally, just looking forward to getting the car.

Reactions: GordonMcC

AlexOS

Someones trying to tell you not to have a Cupra!!!!
I’m not in a rush for delivery though... still trying to get a deal to swap into a Lux.. and if that doesn’t happen, I’m trying to get them to fit side skirts as compensation for all the mucking around

also I still have the Golf on loan thats costing nothing so a bit of a delay is no real issue at this stage.

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Does anyone have a full steering wheel Disklok and if so what size, I am guessing small?

Is it also worth getting the cover to protect the wheel as well.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I’m not in a rush for delivery though... still trying to get a deal to swap into a Lux.. and if that doesn’t happen, I’m trying to get them to fit side skirts as compensation for all the mucking around

also I still have the Golf on loan thats costing nothing so a bit of a delay is no real issue at this stage.

So your car was built and delivered within 4 weeks? That's pretty good going.

Tbf when mine got delivered in Feb the dealership weren't aware until I contacted them after having spoken with CS.

Hopefully you'll get your lux. If not it seems it's easier to get the goodwill gestures considering:

*WLTP delay
*De-tune (5dr only)
*Miss advertising of specification
*"Unwelcomed" new design

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise