MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Aps

Apr 29, 2019
It getting stolen is a major worry of mine I've got to admit. I live in an apartment which has a gated car park which are both to my benefit, but my space is literally in front of the gates so the first car you see. Never been a fan of a steering lock either and was always told they don't offer much security anyway, but I guess it's one extra deterrent so may well invest.

I’ve bought a 40 quid tracker from amazon. Just need to find somewhere to stick it! I know people generally don’t want it back after it’s been stolen but I’d rather not have to pay my excess for a new car tbh. Round here they smash in the door/window whatever. Take the keys and car and stash it somewhere for a few hrs waiting to see if the tracker activates. Generally no damage to it what so ever. The extra cost of excess as well as repairing a door/window/home insurance excess is just a sour taste.
Tried the tracker taking it round with me in work etc before I stick it somewhere and it’s pretty much dead on showing it’s stationary location. Shows the route it takes and the speed it’s doing. I’d actually recommend if you have the same thought process as me. Also helps the police catch the lovely people who would do it too if they stop at a fuel station.

Also ordered yeskamo cctv system from amazon too after comparing it all to ring/nest etc and it’s decent £240 for 4 WiFi cameras two of them are floodlight ones with sound and great picture and motion sensor. Makes me feel a bit better having a few bits in place as a deterrent.

Reactions: Griffo and Maypack

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Pfft, I ordered my Mag Grey at the beginning of April and still waiting for it to be built!
SEAT's delivery dates are all over the place. I was predicted July delivery with my late March order and the car arrived at the dealer Monday of last week. I wanted to add the drivers pack in April and was told it was too late so I knew then my car would arrive earlier than expected. So I have a car sat in the dealer for the next 2 months without the option I wanted. I'm sure SEAT could have switched my order with someone who wanted the car earlier and let me add the option. They chose to be lazy.

Griffo

May 12, 2019
I’ve bought a 40 quid tracker from amazon. Just need to find somewhere to stick it! I know people generally don’t want it back after it’s been stolen but I’d rather not have to pay my excess for a new car tbh. Round here they smash in the door/window whatever. Take the keys and car and stash it somewhere for a few hrs waiting to see if the tracker activates. Generally no damage to it what so ever. The extra cost of excess as well as repairing a door/window/home insurance excess is just a sour taste.
Tried the tracker taking it round with me in work etc before I stick it somewhere and it’s pretty much dead on showing it’s stationary location. Shows the route it takes and the speed it’s doing. I’d actually recommend if you have the same thought process as me. Also helps the police catch the lovely people who would do it too if they stop at a fuel station.

Also ordered yeskamo cctv system from amazon too after comparing it all to ring/nest etc and it’s decent £240 for 4 WiFi cameras two of them are floodlight ones with sound and great picture and motion sensor. Makes me feel a bit better having a few bits in place as a deterrent.
Which tracker did you go for?

Rick89

May 10, 2019

Sounds like you and I are quite alike. Let me know which tracker you opted for and I'll give it a whirl myself. I assume it runs from an app on your phone?

Danbartlett46

May 13, 2019
Update - Spoken with Leasing company, they have contacted the dealer and are awaiting confirmation that the Mag Grey Cupra is with them, then they will update me for the next steps (3-5 days) but looking hopeful for end of June or sooner :cheeky:

Fingers crossed :headhurt:

Reactions: Griffo

TheMarkOfTel

May 7, 2019
Update - Spoken with Leasing company, they have contacted the dealer and are awaiting confirmation that the Mag Grey Cupra is with them, then they will update me for the next steps (3-5 days) but looking hopeful for end of June or sooner :cheeky:

Great to hear bud hope it all goes well and you get it sooner!
I spoke with the leasing company this morning and they stated that my mag grey is in the "build" stage and that it should be delivered early July.. not too long but certainly not as quick as yours considering I placed my order at the beginning of April!

Reactions: Danbartlett46

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Once at a dealer it could be with you in 3 or 4 days, the dealer wants it out the way ASAP since its just taking up space, and until you get it you aren't paying for it.

My dealer date is now the 5th (Wednesday), so it could in theory be with me on the 7th, but its more likely to be the 10/11th (mon/tues). As far as I know they don't deliver on Saturdays.

Danbartlett46

May 13, 2019
Once at a dealer it could be with you in 3 or 4 days, the dealer wants it out the way ASAP since its just taking up space, and until you get it you aren't paying for it.

My dealer date is now the 5th (Wednesday), so it could in theory be with me on the 7th, but its more likely to be the 10/11th (mon/tues). As far as I know they don't deliver on Saturdays.

That makes sense, the quicker the better - Just fingers crossed nothing goes tits up!

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Generally the only complication are 1) if you do something wrong when signing the finance documents. Nationwide made it VERY clear to me that I have to do exactly what they require or it will hold it up a few days. and 2) The car fails its pre-delivery inspection.

Rick89

May 10, 2019

Mine is due at dealer on the 5th and I'm told by SEAT I can potentially get it the following day. Failing that, I'll have it on the 7th. If I have to wait until the following Monday I'll be steaming.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Its possible, it depends if you are collecting, or they are delivering, and how far away you are. I hope get mine next Friday, it gives me the weekend to get to know it, which I cant do if working 10hr days the following week.

Aps

Apr 29, 2019
Sounds like you and I are quite alike. Let me know which tracker you opted for and I'll give it a whirl myself. I assume it runs from an app on your phone?
TKSTAR Mini Waterproof Tracking... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KX9HFWI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Yep works off an app on the phone. Needs a SIM card that you can get for a quid and then top it up with £6 or whatever so it can text you with the location but other than that it’s pretty simple

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen

What was your time scales for the lease process? Been a week now since I've heard from them and nothing about finance agreements but the car has been reserved and got a text saying when it will be at the dealership?

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
What was your time scales for the lease process? Been a week now since I've heard from them and nothing about finance agreements but the car has been reserved and got a text saying when it will be at the dealership?
Generally it all happens quite suddenly. You should have a build date or delivery to dealer date, nothing much then happens until the car is actually in the UK. Once all checks are done to the car at the docks its cleared for delivery to the dealer, then you will get the documents, registration etc and once signed and the dealer has done their checks you will get a delivery date. They then want proof of insurance for that date and it will be delivered.

This all happens in the space of a week or less.

Reactions: FINCH

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Hi, New member here....

Ordered an ST 4drive Lux in Mag Grey last month and been told it could be October. Something to do with model year changes and WLTP. Anyone else in that position.?

Cheers!

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
Generally it all happens quite suddenly. You should have a build date or delivery to dealer date, nothing much then happens until the car is actually in the UK. Once all checks are done to the car at the docks its cleared for delivery to the dealer, then you will get the documents, registration etc and once signed and the dealer has done their checks you will get a delivery date. They then want proof of insurance for that date and it will be delivered.

This all happens in the space of a week or less.
Cheers Chris

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise