MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Ali Bailey

Aug 30, 2019
Newbie to the forum, ordered a 290 Lux and been given Wk36 as build date... Dealer said delivery date will be more clear once VIN is given.

Delivery date estimated at 14th October, at the moment... Is that realistic from experiences? Anyone have an idea when will the VIN be assigned?

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Newbie to the forum, ordered a 290 Lux and been given Wk36 as build date... Dealer said delivery date will be more clear once VIN is given.

Delivery date estimated at 14th October, at the moment... Is that realistic from experiences? Anyone have an idea when will the VIN be assigned?
When did you order?

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019

Wow that’s a long wait

Did you want a MY20 ?

I ordered July 10th and that was the day new orders accepted and I have been given two BW 7Th October and 28Th called 2 days ago and still no confirmed BW

I have Pano roof specced also

Ali Bailey

Aug 30, 2019
Yeah, I'm now ITCHING to get behind the wheel.

Had a spell before getting rid of my other car so seemed viable to wait at the time. But now it's dragging! Given the fluctuations on build weeks from trawling through some posts here, I'm not too confident!

I also go on holiday for 2 weeks 15th Oct !

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Why is it then when people want their car quick they have to wait and when people want their car late the car arrives super early. Ordering in May and still not having it is insane. I ordered late March for a July delivery and they delivered in May. I'm pretty sure they just like messing people around. Although maybe there's a difference between leasing and buying.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Why is it then when people want their car quick they have to wait and when people want their car late the car arrives super early. Ordering in May and still not having it is insane. I ordered late March for a July delivery and they delivered in May. I'm pretty sure they just like messing people around. Although maybe there's a difference between leasing and buying.
Shouldn’t be really but I do agree I can’t wait and have just ordered and waited and still waiting but when a new person comments I’m like wooooo when did you order and what and your BW is when !! And they told you what but I ordered first surely lol

Reactions: Kirky

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I just want some confirmation as since July 10th I have waited and still do not know Is October the month or November or maybe even get lucky and bump up to Sept !!!

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
I'm just not looking forward to the impending no deal Brexit and subsequent 10% World Trade Organisation tarrif addition to my order if it is built and shipped after 31st October and the awkward conversation on how my monthly figure will have changed by a significant amount.

I started off thinking I was OK with a long wait as I really wanted this car, but already after a forced colour change on the order and now this hanging over it, I'm losing patience and can see it going sour. :(

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
Hi guys,

Ordered a Cupra 290. I was told by the dealer that these should be arriving by the end of October. He also told me the Lux editions are delayed and will be around December time.

Has anybody has any information recently?

I still do not have a build week but I only ordered at the start of August so that might be why.

Cheers

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I'm just not looking forward to the impending no deal Brexit and subsequent 10% World Trade Organisation tarrif addition to my order if it is built and shipped after 31st October and the awkward conversation on how my monthly figure will have changed by a significant amount.

I started off thinking I was OK with a long wait as I really wanted this car, but already after a forced colour change on the order and now this hanging over it, I'm losing patience and can see it going sour. :(
The problem is no one knows what is going to happen yet. SEAT didn't mention anything regarding the import charges when I asked them. I would wait and see when your build date is first.

The debatable question is you signed a finance agreement saying 'X' amount initial rental and 'X' amount per month. If this increases significantly how can affordability be justified for everyone? I for one couldn't really afford that jump of upto £3k. The whole reason for this lease was due to the cheaper costs.

Also with myself if the dealership had ordered my car when they were supposed to it wouldn't be delayed by 3 weeks so I could easily argue my case. I ordered the car on the 12th July but they didnt actually order the car with SEAT until the 2nd August.

Reactions: Loxy

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
The problem is no one knows what is going to happen yet. SEAT didn't mention anything regarding the import charges when I asked them. I would wait and see when your build date is first.

The debatable question is you signed a finance agreement saying 'X' amount initial rental and 'X' amount per month. If this increases significantly how can affordability be justified for everyone? I for one couldn't really afford that jump of upto £3k. The whole reason for this lease was due to the cheaper costs.

Also with myself if the dealership had ordered my car when they were supposed to it wouldn't be delayed by 3 weeks so I could easily argue my case. I ordered the car on the 12th July but they didnt actually order the car with SEAT until the 2nd August.
Wow I would be fuming about that

Ref the Lux I’ll be fuming about that to as I have ordered a lux with Pano roof July 10th

December would be a joke especially what I was told is delivery would be in October and they are rushing through UK orders

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Hi guys,

Ordered a Cupra 290. I was told by the dealer that these should be arriving by the end of October. He also told me the Lux editions are delayed and will be around December time.

Has anybody has any information recently?

I still do not have a build week but I only ordered at the start of August so that might be why.

Cheers
Did you order a ST Lux or Hatch ?

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
Did you order a ST Lux or Hatch ?
Didn’t order the Lux myself. Just the 290 Hatch.

However, spoke to my dealer today and they’ve now said the expected build week for mine is week 44 which is end of November. Quite annoying considering I was told they are trying to rush UK orders as the 10% import change is looming.

Guess we will have to wait and see...

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Didn’t order the Lux myself. Just the 290 Hatch.

However, spoke to my dealer today and they’ve now said the expected build week for mine is week 44 which is end of November. Quite annoying considering I was told they are trying to rush UK orders as the 10% import change is looming.

Guess we will have to wait and see...
Is BW 44 not 28TH Oct which is when I was old mine was to but then I got told 7Th which could actually be right seeing as I ordered before and it’s a different spec car.so maybe they fitting in a Lux pano build before another standard

However who knows as it keeps changing,until it’s a confirmed BW it’s anyones guess

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Is BW 44 not 28TH Oct which is when I was old mine was to but then I got told 7Th which could actually be right seeing as I ordered before and it’s a different spec car.so maybe they fitting in a Lux pano build before another standard

However who knows as it keeps changing,until it’s a confirmed BW it’s anyones guess

Also I was told 2 days ago the factory still is not even open so not even sure where the dealers are getting this info from which is another point of we get told multiple diff points.

You have a BW but mine has not changed and no new info somdont make sense

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019

Good point re week 44 being end of October. I will check with the dealer again!

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
Also I was told 2 days ago the factory still is not even open so not even sure where the dealers are getting this info from which is another point of we get told multiple diff points.

You have a BW but mine has not changed and no new info somdont make sense

Yeah it’s really annoying. I don’t understand where the information is coming from, especially if the factory is closed. Hopefully we will hear more accurate information in a week or so considering the 69 plates should start to be made then.

I will post any updates I hear on my side.