MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

gk26

Sep 29, 2019
What information do I need to ring Seat Customer Services, and does anybody know where I can get it? (ordered through Leasing Options on 10th July) I've got nothing except an unconfirmed build date of Week 45 so far, but not spoke to Seat CS direct, just the account manager at LO.
Your order/SLI number from LO

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Replacement order arrived today. It's not a Cupra, so I am slightly peeved about that, but it's still impressive in other ways.

Three week turnaround as in stock.

34fbd5002a2e7069b9a33c815259bb99.jpg

b90fa57064df6792c0853226184b71e0.jpg

4c72591492b6ff1189b5c63499f791df.jpg

19a41afdafd2b634164e5bad19c666a0.jpg

f5bbca1369dcaa88d9f7023945e9f976.jpg
Very nice! What's it like to drive?

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Congrats, looks nice!

I’m considering cancelling my Cupra Lux order as well. There’s a very good deal on a 420i m sport gran coupe at the moment that I think I’ll go for. Has less toys than the Cupra, no sunroof, no ACC, lane assist etc but after reading so many threads and watching videos about road noise, rattles etc I think the BMW will be built better and overall a better place to be in. Considerably slower than the Cupra...having a hard time deciding.

Having had quite a bit of experience in both 3 and 4 series I feel I can offer you some insight into the 420.

I would say that the chassis is excellent on the four and it has a slightly wider track than the three meaning that it’s probably a little bit more stable than its already grippy sibling. The 20i engine is free revving but just doesn’t have the output you’d want in such a capable chassis.

Interior, whilst well screwed together, is really starting to show its age now. The idrive is good but has been overhauled several time’s since this iteration. Seats are very adjustable.

Image: they’re so common and with it being an outgoing model it just doesn’t do anything for me anymore.

I fear that may not help much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Just had a further update on my shipping status.

I was told we’d missed the Comet Ace and ours was going on the Pegasus Ace to arrive 23rd at the dock.

They’ve just confirmed it’s on the earlier ship which docks today!

Pleased but miffed at the terrible communication so far.

Will update further as things move on.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Congrats, looks nice!

I’m considering cancelling my Cupra Lux order as well. There’s a very good deal on a 420i m sport gran coupe at the moment that I think I’ll go for. Has less toys than the Cupra, no sunroof, no ACC, lane assist etc but after reading so many threads and watching videos about road noise, rattles etc I think the BMW will be built better and overall a better place to be in. Considerably slower than the Cupra...having a hard time deciding.

If you are looking at BMW, it might be worth considering a second hand M140i. Whilst second hand. YOu are looking at £20,000 - £23,000 for a low milage and well looked after mid - high spec car. Circa 330bhp and would be a similar leasing payment plan to a new cupra. Plus you could get one very quickas theres quite a lot on the market.

The only issue for me is second hand. my brothers one is brilliant but I personally am just not a fan of them. My parents both have them, and so does my brother.

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
Can I ask what spec you ordered i have had the LUX in blue
I originally tried ordering a Lux in blue. Was told it had been removed from the lineup and I couldn't order it any more. In truth blue was the only reason I went Lux as it wasn't showing available on the standard Cupra. That was 12th August.

Hope you've got in there before they stopped taking orders on it!

gk26

Sep 29, 2019
Having had quite a bit of experience in both 3 and 4 series I feel I can offer you some insight into the 420.

I would say that the chassis is excellent on the four and it has a slightly wider track than the three meaning that it’s probably a little bit more stable than its already grippy sibling. The 20i engine is free revving but just doesn’t have the output you’d want in such a capable chassis.

Interior, whilst well screwed together, is really starting to show its age now. The idrive is good but has been overhauled several time’s since this iteration. Seats are very adjustable.

Image: they’re so common and with it being an outgoing model it just doesn’t do anything for me anymore.

I'm coming from a 62 plate E92 330d so I guess the 4 series will still feel more modern compared to that. I like the Cupra a lot and would be nice to try another brand and particularly a hot hatch. I've only had two cars, both BMW's (120d and 330d) and have always liked the 4 series. With the M Sport Plus Pack I get 19" alloys with blue calipers, harmon kardon speakers, black grills and mirror caps, digital cockpit, m seat belts and tinted back windows. I also chose the Visibility pack which gives you the ICON Led adaptive headlights and also comes with apple car play...all for the same price as the Cupra.

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
Very nice! What's it like to drive?
Not a great deal of steering feel but in every other department it is fantastic. Not as high seating position as you would think, not as harsh as the reviews would have you believe, and it just goes before you hit treble figures (when testing in Mexico).

Kids love it, wife is smiling. I'm made up to the honest.

Reactions: PhilYerBoots

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Cupra Parkgate.jpg
IMG_20191014_154809.jpg
View attachment 10572 View attachment 10571 View attachment 10572
Ours finally arrived yesterday !

Mag grey standard spec but a massive upgrade from the Arona (will have to change avatar now..).
Collection of old and delivery of new all within an hour of each other so couldn't have gone better, and no charges on the Arona either so bonus !

Car wasn't too dirty after the delivery from York so took a few photos below. First time I'd actually seen a mag grey Cupra in the flesh and love the way the colour changes in different light, and boy does it go like s**t off a shovel when you give it some !

Didn't get much of a chance to test it properly but I think it's going to be an enjoyable 2yrs motoring before we go sensible and get an EV next time round.

View attachment 10571

Last edited:

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019

I was torn between a 320i Touring Shadow Edition, 420i Gran Coupe and the X2. I loved the 420i but like you say it is the end of line model before it is replaced and felt very much like my old LCI F30 330d inside. That being said so is the Cupra being in the near future, that's why deals are to be had.

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
I originally tried ordering a Lux in blue. Was told it had been removed from the lineup and I couldn't order it any more. In truth blue was the only reason I went Lux as it wasn't showing available on the standard Cupra. That was 12th August.

I seem to have SEAT never said anything?

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
View attachment 10572 View attachment 10571 View attachment 10572 Ours finally arrived yesterday !

Mag grey standard spec but a massive upgrade from the Arona (will have to change avatar now..).
Collection of old and delivery of new all within an hour of each other so couldn't have gone better, and no charges on the Arona either so bonus !

Car wasn't too dirty after the delivery from York so took a few photos below. First time I'd actually seen a mag grey Cupra in the flesh and love the way the colour changes in different light, and boy does it go like s**t off a shovel when you give it some !

Didn't get much of a chance to test it properly but I think it's going to be an enjoyable 2yrs motoring before we go sensible and get an EV next time round.

View attachment 10571
Having trouble seeing oyur pictures.

Can you try and reupload them? Would love to see some pictures of your new toy.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge

I ordered mine in September, no desire red or mystery blue. :cry:

Have to make do with magnetic grey

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I'm coming from a 62 plate E92 330d so I guess the 4 series will still feel more modern compared to that. I like the Cupra a lot and would be nice to try another brand and particularly a hot hatch. I've only had two cars, both BMW's (120d and 330d) and have always liked the 4 series. With the M Sport Plus Pack I get 19" alloys with blue calipers, harmon kardon speakers, black grills and mirror caps, digital cockpit, m seat belts and tinted back windows. I also chose the Visibility pack which gives you the ICON Led adaptive headlights and also comes with apple car play...all for the same price as the Cupra.
Shame about the 185bhp / 270nM on a 1.5 ton car. Seems a shame to have such a capable chasis with that engine.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
With regards to colour, it seems a bit odd that mystery blue and desire red are both available on the full leon range, except the cupra. I spoke to someone at SEAT UK the other day and theys aid they'd had a huge amount of customer complaints about it and aparently its something the factory has implemented. They've fed it back to the people that made the decision. The lady I spoke to said that they might well revert that decision, but can't promise anything. Needless to say I will be keeping my eyes peeled on the website to see if they change their mind.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise