MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Received a few offers on my FR so I've been chasing to see when is the earliest I can have the Cupra Delivered.

And some both good and bad news, My shoulder surgery has been cancelled, somehow been caught up in this dodgey surgeon scandall.
The good news is, ill have longer to drive my car, the bad news is, i've had to postpone my summer holiday. :banghead:
Who have you been chasing?
I reckon mine will be 'on the dock' by end of Thursday so want to see when it can be delivered to dealer.... Should give them enough time to pdi it ready for me to collect on 2nd but not sure Amy is having much success :(

Your surgery should 'only' have been postponed so keep chasing them! Down here the NHS sub-contract work to Nuffield and I've had several ops there :). Good luck!!

LordGodRich

Oct 22, 2019
Just had a call from LO..... Delivery booked in for Tuesday 25th Feb!!! Can let myself get excited about it now.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So been sent some photos of my car all wrapped up in protec to be gear so can’t see a lot but exciting

just for you guys who were wondering I pushed hard for the fact I have waiting 8 months and got the following as compensation :)

5yr warranty
Advance driving pack
Service plan
£250 cheque which I have had

quite happy with that and a little wait into a 20 plate :)

Nov 14, 2019
Got mine scheduled for delivery on the 5th of March - can't wait!

First time leasing a car, when they drop it of (they are driving it up to Newcastle) will it be in protected or should I potentially expect motorway chips?

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Who have you been chasing?
I reckon mine will be 'on the dock' by end of Thursday so want to see when it can be delivered to dealer.... Should give them enough time to pdi it ready for me to collect on 2nd but not sure Amy is having much success :(

Your surgery should 'only' have been postponed so keep chasing them! Down here the NHS sub-contract work to Nuffield and I've had several ops there :). Good luck!!
I was Chasing Amy but nothing yet,
As for NHS, the surgery was meant to be at a Spire Hospital. From the dates they give me, they only seem to get one day a month allocated for NHS patients.

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
Called seat, my lux is aiming to be on a ship on Sun 23rd, anyone any ideas which one it will be? Surprised it's not on the pegasus or comet which is already in barcelona. I'm a week 4 build.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
I was Chasing Amy but nothing yet,
As for NHS, the surgery was meant to be at a Spire Hospital. From the dates they give me, they only seem to get one day a month allocated for NHS patients.
Looks like Marguerite is now loitering off Teesport and is delayed by 3 days :(. That means Sheerness on Sunday! I'll give Amy a call Monday if I don't hear before.
My other half has worked with NHS for years and 'understands' the system.... Might be worth talking to your consultants secretary to find out more. I assume (?) you're ex-mil so maybe a route through vets groups......

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Called seat, my lux is aiming to be on a ship on Sun 23rd, anyone any ideas which one it will be? Surprised it's not on the pegasus or comet which is already in barcelona. I'm a week 4 build.
Probably Aquarius Ace which is scheduled to sail around the 26th......
Mine was a week 5 build and is off Teesport at the moment!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Heko and yes copper paddles
Are the paddles painted or wrapped and do they replace the existing paddle?

I've only found wrapped copper ones @ ezwrap which are just the AliExpress ones wrapped. Not a fan of paying £30+ for some £5 paddles that have been wrapped.

I'm looking for something like this in copper that replaces the paddle and is not just a stick on extension where you can see the old plastic paddle still.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DQKS692/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7IqtEbX6529J8

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020
Hi everyone, i've been keeping an eye on this page for a while now, and looks like a lot of us are in the same boat. I ordered at the beginning of November, and had been told delivery would be end of Jan. I've no car now, and it's really starting to cause me issues.
I've asked my broker for the seat order number thing i need so i can contact Seat myself and see if i can get any kind of compensation. I can see some of you have managed to. Can someone point me in the right direction as to who i need to contact??
I've been told that my car is due to be at dealer on 09/03.... we'll see..

Thank you

arc1969

Oct 21, 2019
Gloucestershire
Got mine scheduled for delivery on the 5th of March - can't wait!

First time leasing a car, when they drop it of (they are driving it up to Newcastle) will it be in protected or should I potentially expect motorway chips?

It's hard not to just stand there admiring it when it arrives and you'll want to just get rid of the delivery driver and go for a drive. But before you sign anything, you MUST go over the car with a fine tooth comb as you potentially could be charged for any damage/dents/chips/scratches/scuffs at the end of lease. If you find anything, make sure the delivery driver notes any problems (even very minor problems) on his sheet. Don't feel sorry for the driver if he gives you any "I will be charged for that" type talk - that's not your problem. Take photos, a photo of his sheet that has any problems recorded on it and then get in touch with the lease company. Make sure you check the metalwork inside the car, not just outside as you will be charged for damage/dents there too. E.g seat belt blades can dent the metalwork if they get stuck between the door and the door frame - I learnt that the hard way at the end of my last lease. Double check the alloys...

There was a stone chip on the bonnet of my car when it was delivered the other week - the lease company paid for it to be touched up and sealed.

Rob290

Jan 10, 2020
well typically after 10 mins on the road i had a s4 wanting to play, so i did gove i
It's hard not to just stand there admiring it when it arrives and you'll want to just get rid of the delivery driver and go for a drive. But before you sign anything, you MUST go over the car with a fine tooth comb as you potentially could be charged for any damage/dents/chips/scratches/scuffs at the end of lease. If you find anything, make sure the delivery driver notes any problems (even very minor problems) on his sheet. Don't feel sorry for the driver if he gives you any "I will be charged for that" type talk - that's not your problem. Take photos, a photo of his sheet that has any problems recorded on it and then get in touch with the lease company. Make sure you check the metalwork inside the car, not just outside as you will be charged for damage/dents there too. E.g seat belt blades can dent the metalwork if they get stuck between the door and the door frame - I learnt that the hard way at the end of my last lease. Double check the alloys...

There was a stone chip on the bonnet of my car when it was delivered the other week - the lease company paid for it to be touched up and sealed.

This is a great point when it comes to a lease car. I spent at least 10/15 minutes going over every part of it, including extra attention to the alloys. The delivery driver was actually really good and prompted me to do this. He was happy to wait.

@Chris Cuerden - mine was delivered from the York branch, it was driven and was not protected in anyway. Hence why the above is critical!

Levo, where you get your paddle extension from?? not 100% they are needed but might be an idea for the future

Reactions: The Daily Meme

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Looks like Marguerite is now loitering off Teesport and is delayed by 3 days :(. That means Sheerness on Sunday! I'll give Amy a call Monday if I don't hear before.
My other half has worked with NHS for years and 'understands' the system.... Might be worth talking to your consultants secretary to find out more. I assume (?) you're ex-mil so maybe a route through vets groups......
Called Amy, delivery is booked for 3rd March. Seems their delivery contractor is fully booked on the Monday and slots are filling up that week.

Also I have my Registration Now

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
well typically after 10 mins on the road i had a s4 wanting to play, so i did gove i

This is a great point when it comes to a lease car. I spent at least 10/15 minutes going over every part of it, including extra attention to the alloys. The delivery driver was actually really good and prompted me to do this. He was happy to wait.

@Chris Cuerden - mine was delivered from the York branch, it was driven and was not protected in anyway. Hence why the above is critical!

Levo, where you get your paddle extension from?? not 100% they are needed but might be an idea for the future
Eaziwrap

Nov 14, 2019

Thank you for the informative response, mine is at the York branch now and the earliest the could get it to me was the 26th of Feb but thought might aswell wait till the week after but delivery slots have booked up fast hence the wait until the 5th of March.

I was in 2 minds whether to go pick up the car, but thought might aswell have a free bit of bedding the car in since I heard the exhaust needs a couple of miles to warm up. Can anyone vouch for the that?

Hopefully it's not raining on the day of delivery and I'll go over it with a fine tooth comb!

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
I received an email today with an update that my dealer has advised a slight delay in shipment of my car due to the adverse weather conditions. If I’m honest I didn’t even know the car was built! Was expecting to wait until April/May anyway so any sooner is a bonus.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.