MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

OptimusDecline

Feb 24, 2016
Scotland
I've not driven it much yet, was absolutely knackered last night and it was only the excitement of a new car kept me awake! The bucket seats are great, the handling is better than my mk2 Cupra and I'd say it pulls very well. Probably feels like a mk2 with a remap. There isn't as much instant go as my DTUK FR which had mountains of torque, but it's far from ponderous!

It's a big jump over the FR 184, feels like a special car, whereas the 184 (and Golf R and S3 I test drove) just felt too plain. I've managed one exhaust pop so far too (it's a manual) :D

I collected my new 290 manual a few weeks ago. I thought I wouldn't like the exhaust bangs but I can't get enough of them. Doesn't happen all the time though. I've found its most likely to do it when accelerating hard in sexond and third but short shifting between 4-5K RPM.

Love-Cupra

Jul 29, 2016
Netherlands
Ordered !

Hi,

Yes - I did order a CUPRA (Leon 290). So on topic here.

Small introduction, as new to SCN, I drove 2 GTI's last 8 years. Half of that in a Mk5 and other half in a 6(5,5). Love the Leon design..... Living in the lowlands (Netherlands).

Placed order in last week of June, delivery not before Nov.

Spec's:
Leon ST, in Emo red. (here all Cupa's on 19' and all connected - but this not for free).
Options on my car are: Perf pack (brembo/side skirts/multi spokes), black line, Panoramic roof and
Tech pack (ACC/lane assist/city brake/SeatSS plus - with a subwoofer).

Can state rather looking foreward now !

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Hi guys, just ordered my 3 Door, Cupra 290 Black, in White with DSG. No optional extras as thought the base Black edition to be very well specced up, and can save the money for other things (did someone say APR?)

Salesman said there was one sitting have just been built waiting on the boat, anyone any idea how long I am looking at in practice as he said he had to say 6 weeks but hoped for faster, was really lucky there was one sitting in the specs I wanted, shame it wasn't already on a boat!

Thanks guys, cannot wait!:lol:

Cupra

May 14, 2016
Finland, Helsinki
I will get mine after 60 days... waiting sucks :D

I still have not test driven or seen 5D Leon Cupra live. Just test driven 290 ST manual and DSG. Probably going to meet one 5D 290 Cupra owner here in Finland after few weeks so I can really hear how 5D sounds live.

I have already ordered break caliber paint (toxic green) and crome black paint for exhaust pipes. Also got 3M glossy black vinyl for roof (I will have Electric Sunroof) so rest of roof will be covered with it. Also planning to paint seat logo and cupra logo with black on front grille. Dealer will remove cupra text and logo from behind of the car.

Last edited:

bangor_red

Aug 8, 2016
Ordered my Cupra 290 5dr ice silver DSG on Wednesday 3rd August, just been told I'll get it in October, but no idea if it will be start or end.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Cupra comes with adaptive cruise control as standard like my previous Golf GTD, great for long motorway journeys, but not something I would pay for.

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
Ordered my Cupra 290 5dr ice silver DSG on Wednesday 3rd August, just been told I'll get it in October, but no idea if it will be start or end.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Cupra comes with adaptive cruise control as standard like my previous Golf GTD, great for long motorway journeys, but not something I would pay for.

Nearly sure you have to add it on as an optional extra.

jinxy

Apr 5, 2010
Pickup a Red 5 Door Black Cupra DSG on Thursday morning. Got it on one of the lease deals and it was in stock so took it immediately.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
What does the black get you over the normal Cupra? Is it worth the extra money?

You don't have much choice now, you cannot order a 'standard' Cupra.
Black gets you - heated bucket seats ( better than standard, trust me. ) different wheels ( think they are the Sub 8 pack ones) extra rear spoilers on the rear window. Not sure what else....

Corryboy92

Aug 15, 2016
You don't have much choice now, you cannot order a 'standard' Cupra.
Black gets you - heated bucket seats ( better than standard, trust me. ) different wheels ( think they are the Sub 8 pack ones) extra rear spoilers on the rear window. Not sure what else....

Its the spoiler thing that is getting me. I haven't seen a non black edition without one. Maybe Im looking at the wrong pics.

BiggestVern

Aug 16, 2016
Herts
Who's ordered a Cupra?

Me! Signed on the line for a Cupra 290 Black 5 Door in Alor Blue metallic. As has been mentioned elsewhere, standard Cupras are out of production so a Black it is. Just 12-14 weeks to wait now! Also my first ever front driver, could be interesting.......

Last edited:

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Ordered mine the first week in August, yet to get a build date etc...

Cupra 290 Black Edition 5dr in Dynamic Grey with ACC.

Last edited:

ganticus

May 5, 2014
Ordered a 290 Black manual 5dr in Monsoon Grey last week. Had actually put in an order for a standard Cupra in black earlier last week with an online broker (nearly all of them still have the standard on their websites). Didn't know then that they had discontinued. A bit underwhelmed by the extras with the black line for the cost but had to take the plunge after waiting so long to afford it. Been told early November delivery.

SAINTDP

Aug 19, 2016
Ordered a 290 Black 5 door in Dynamic Grey at the start of July. Fingers crossed it should be here soon???

s.k.

Aug 24, 2016
Ordered mine just before Seat Bulgaria closed the orders till 2017 for the Cupra 300.
290 5dr version in Emocion red.
The factory doesn't work in August so it may take a while.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.