MK4 Cupra Bumper Upgrades

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Thinking about doing the cupra upgrades to my TDI 130 sport so went to the dealers today.

Here is an updated price list (18/02/2010).

All prices are at retail and DONT INCLUDE VAT.:(

Front Bumper, 6LL 807 217 A GRU, £184.06
Front Grille, 6LL 853 667 79Y, £18.94
O/S Fog Cover, 6LL 853 665 79Y, £5.85
N/S Fog Cover, 6LL 853 666 79Y, £5.85
Towing Eye Cover, 6LL 807 241 79Y, £3.45

Rear Bumer, 6LL 807 417 A GRU, £191.14
Lower Spoiler, 6LL 807 521 79Y, £60.54
O/S Reflector, 6L5 945 105, £4.60
N/S Reflector, 6L5 945 106, £4.60

The rear bumper is more expensive than the front so not really sure what to do.

I have the standard tdi (hidden) exhaust and am worried that this will look silly with the cupra exhaust cutout. I am thinking about going for just a facelift rear bumper instead.

Can I have peoples thoughts/recomendations on how this would look, should I buy both the cupra front and rear?

Tom

I believe Facelift Cupra/FR rear bumpers come with the lower spoiler already attached and included in the price.

Your hidden exhaust would look weird with a Facelift Cupra/FR rear bumper as the exhaust cut out is huge. You could easily have your exhaust system changed to suit.

If you're going for a Cupra front bumper then defo go for a Facelift Cupra/FR rear bumper too. The front Cupra bumper is much lower than an Facelift front FR bumper so looks out of place without the matching rear bumper. You can get away with a facelift FR front and normal Facelift rear as there is not much height difference.

jonny_mcc

Dec 21, 2009
Just tried to fit my fr front bumper last nite however there seems to be a section missing.

It is the section that connects the top centre grill to the top of the slam panel (has a black plastic cover that goes over the slam panel and is torqued screwed on)

Is this a seperate part? Dunno if i can take it off my pre facelift bumper. Looks like it's plastic welded on.

J

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
The part you've described should have come fitted to the bumper. You should be able to use the one off your old bumper....just a bit of plastic welding needed.

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
If there's anyone thats upgrading to cupra bumpers from facelift bumpers and want to swap fog lights let me know i'm upgrading from preface and there the same fog ligths as the cupra's. please let me know thank you

on my 130 sport ive had fitted a cupra bumper! its never fitted 100% perfect under the headlights ! it sticks out a small bit on both corners where the headlights stop and the side arches start!

they do pop into place but they pop back out if you look to hard at them!

ive cut out the usual mount that needs removed for the forge front mount intercooler, and trimmed the black plastics at both corners to make it fit better but its just not working! more so on the drivers side!

any suggestions folks!

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
My driver side corner used to stick out. I loosened the screws in the wheel arch and the one screw that goes upright into the wing. I then got a mate to push the bumper in flush whilst I tightened the screws.

If that doesn't work for you, you may need to remove the whole bumper and adjust the bumper guides that are screwed to the wing.

Wilson889

Hi, I have just bought a 2005 Ibiza fr tdi and I really don't like the front bumper, I want something looking mean! Anyways will a bumper from a 10plate car fit or is it only the mk4s that will fit the pre facelift model? Cheers for any replys

zub234

Sep 29, 2010
Wakefield
Hi Guys,

Did a quik search for this but couldnt see anything abvious,
Basically I have an Ibiza cupra, can i fit the facelift FR grilles onto this or will i need the facelift fr bumper?
Thanks alot :D

Z

This will sound like a dumb question, probably because it's been asked a gazillion times over...
Can anyone tell me if pre-facelift fr front bumper grilles will fit into a pre-facelift normal bumper (Not fr).
Also, part numbers for those grilles if known.
Thanks! =)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Yes they will fit mate, all the top grilles are interchangeable. Bottom ones are different as only facelift can be swapped for facelift and same with prefacelift, due to the different shape of the bumpers.

LOWER CENTRE GRILLE 6L0853667C01C £16
LEFT UPPER GRILLE 6L0853677A01C £8.25
RIGHT UPPER GRILLE 6L0853676A01C £8.25

Prices from Sere.

Hi. This is the towing eye cover on the Ibiza Cupra bumper (held in with a screw):

b3165440.jpg

The car is essentially the same behind the bumper so would imagine there must be a similar cover on the front of the FR bumper or maybe you have to pop off the foglamp cover?

ronny1010

hi all
New to the site and could do with a price for grill parts, 54 plate FR tdi pd 130 ibiza, looking upper drivers side small grill part, centre lower which is attached to fog lamp cover ( not the one thats split ) and the drivers side fog lamp cover.
Can anyone help please or know of anyone who does do them.
CHEERS ALL

Ronny

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.