Mk4 Cupra/FR/Sport owners - what suspension?

maccp

Afternoon all would really appreciate your thoughts,comments,experiences.

If you are a Mk4 Ibiza owner I would really appreciate your input.I have tried a search but could not really find anything applicable.

Im thinking my Cupra would be almost perfect with the right suspension setup for fast road driving.I find in its standard form it skips and crashes on poor roads or imperfections.Im not concerned either way about lowering but I would like more comfort.Koni FSD with Eibach springs seem to be popular but at £800 fitted its a lotta wonga,to me anyway.On researching so far some are recommending the following:

Bilstein B4 (sport,standard) with Eibach springs, Eibach pro dampers with Eibach springs.

Thanks for reading and I know its the age old suspension question but if I cant ask you guys who else can I ask.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I have just fitted V-Maxx coilovers (~£400) + Whiteline rear ARB (~£135) + Seat Sport front strut brace (~£50) to my cupra and it has transformed the handling. Its like driving another car now. So much more grip :)

maccp

I have just fitted V-Maxx coilovers (~£400) + Whiteline rear ARB (~£135) + Seat Sport front strut brace (~£50) to my cupra and it has transformed the handling. Its like driving another car now. So much more grip :)

Thanks Damien
How does the car ride, would you say it feels better,more compliant as in less firm than the originals ?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Hi Damoegan, did your strut brace cost 50 quid from the stealers? And is it the same strut brace for both the FR and Cupra?

I got it second hand off a member on here but i think there about £50-55 fron the stealers. Its just a mk4 Ibiza Seat Sport strut brace, so not just cupra/fr.

There is some pics in my reader ride thread, near the end. Link in sig below.

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
I got it second hand off a member on here but i think there about £50-55 fron the stealers. Its just a mk4 Ibiza Seat Sport strut brace, so not just cupra/fr.

There is some pics in my reader ride thread, near the end. Link in sig below.

Cheers for the quick reply mate. I just did a quick search before and found this site:

http://seatepac.gedas.co.uk/model.aspx?Group=IBIZA&model=IBIZA%202002%20>

It has the part numbers as well so I will be ordering one as soon as I get paid!

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Just so you know, the strut brace hardly makes any difference to handling. Some people say it does but others say it doesn't. Personally I noticed no difference, but then the front of the Cupra is stiff enough. To get more grip you need to reduce understeer and body roll which is what fitting the rear ARB does. So I would spend £100 if I were you and get a Whiteline one instead :) And then get some aftermarket suspension of course!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i have weitec coilovers, 20mm spacers, seat sport strut brace and my car handles so much better then standard. my coilovers are slightly stiffer then standard but they are not crashy bangy like the standard suspension.

O and the seat sport strut brace is £50 from dealers and its made by momo

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
Just so you know, the strut brace hardly makes any difference to handling. Some people say it does but others say it doesn't. Personally I noticed no difference, but then the front of the Cupra is stiff enough. To get more grip you need to reduce understeer and body roll which is what fitting the rear ARB does. So I would spend £100 if I were you and get a Whiteline one instead :) And then get some aftermarket suspension of course!

Yeah, i did do some reading. I'll fit the strut brace first (because it looks nice!), then i'll look into getting a rear ARB once I get some money. Only had the car a week and im already spending a bomb on it! I have been looking into doing the brakes as well but that seems to be like hunting for the holy grail to get a pair of calipers and carriers! :cry:

Cheers for the advice

maccp

i have weitec coilovers, 20mm spacers, seat sport strut brace and my car handles so much better then standard. my coilovers are slightly stiffer then standard but they are not crashy bangy like the standard suspension.

O and the seat sport strut brace is £50 from dealers and its made by momo

Thanks for bringing it back on topic mate.

maccp

Sorry about that, just excited I guess.

Hope you liked looking at my profile anyway :gay:

What is it with this forum there are loads of Ibiza owners yet nobody makes a comment & god forbid you dont use the search function which I did.I have never known a forum where people seem so unfriendly (see above) and ok you have to get to know people but it seems very insular in here.These comments are probably not gonna make me popular but what have I got to lose.

Thankyou to anyone who has posted on the subject its appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
What is it with this forum there are loads of Ibiza owners yet nobody makes a comment & god forbid you dont use the search function which I did.I have never known a forum where people seem so unfriendly (see above) and ok you have to get to know people but it seems very insular in here.These comments are probably not gonna make me popular but what have I got to lose.

Thankyou to anyone who has posted on the subject its appreciated.

It was only a sarcastic comment. And apologies again, didnt know that smilie represented a gay man?? when I hover over it, it says hark @ her which i used because I was trying to make a tongue in cheek comment to say stop being a girl, i was not trying to suggest you are homosexual :shrug:

Last edited:

maccp

It was only a sarcastic comment. And apologies again, didnt know that smilie represented a gay man?? when I hover over it, it says hark @ her which i used because I was trying to make a tongue in cheek comment to say stop being a girl, i was not trying to suggest you are homosexual :shrug:

I appreciate the apology and there was definitely an over reaction on my part.Frustration probably.To be honest I thought the comment was hark at her until I noticed it represented gay man.Nothing against homosexuals being honest my brother is gay.Life is too short mate lets just forget it yeah.

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
I appreciate the apology and there was definitely an over reaction on my part.Frustration probably.To be honest I thought the comment was hark at her until I noticed it represented gay man.Nothing against homosexuals being honest my brother is gay.Life is too short mate lets just forget it yeah.

No worries pal :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise