Mk4 Speaker upgrade wiring trouble

kelford1988

I want to upgrade my front speakers and run them off the standard HU. (for now)

My problem is im a little confused by the wiring. I am intending on getting components and just fitting them in the standard positions, using the existing runs of wire.

Is it possible to do this without having to run a totally new run of wire to the tweeter or woofer?

Also where should I wire in the crossover so it seperates the Bass and Treble correctly? Just off the wire running to the standard woofer?

Sorry for all the questions, and hopefully I haven't made it sound too confusing.

Cheers

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i installed 2 standard tweeters in the rear and by looking at the standard speakers my guys just soldered the wires as the crossover was literally the same thing...dunno if that helps

i would think that aftermarket components would be different though...

steve_p

Genesis Nut
May 3, 2008
I believe you can buy adapters to allow you to fit new speakers to the OEM connectors.
Go have a word with Tom at Audio Island in Brigg. He will be able to give some good advice.
Where abouts are you near scunny?
I'm in Barton if you need any help/advice in person or need to know exact directions Audio Island.

Not entirely sure how the Woofer/Tweeter signal is separated in a MK4 Ibiza.
May be just a capacitor on the woofer. If it's a full range signal going to the woofer connection, you should be able to feed this to your component cross over and run a small amount of new cable to the woofer and tweeter.
You'll probably find room to mount the crossover behind the door panel.

Last edited:

kelford1988

Hi cheers, I live in broughton. I would imagine its the full signal to the woofer as looking at the wires it appears those to the tweeter come from here. Ill just give it a go as it was seperated at the woofer in my last car so I assume this would be similiar.
Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.