MK4 tdi exhaust set ups!

tdi_chris1

Oct 1, 2009
Medway
hey guys
am looking to up rate my exhaust system am pritty much set on a full non resonated milltek system with a milltek downpipe at the same time put on by AMD:lol:...
i was just wondering what others think is the best exhaust set up for tdi's? i have a mk4 ibiza pd130 tdi sport
what has everyone dne with there exhaust? show it off here
if you have rough prices aswell would be good
cheers

antnee

Im going to get mine sorted in the next few months. Going to get a custom turbo back system from Custom Pipes in Doncaster, which will probably be LESS than a cat-back system from the over-priced Miltek range

tdi_chris1

Oct 1, 2009
Medway

soz mite be sounding like a complete idiot...but iv never really understood what a turbo back exhaust was? what does it have that the normal lets say milltek systems dont?
oh rite sounds gd mate how much u reckon thats going to set u back?

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Turbo back is the exhaust system that starts from the turbo, So a bigger downpipe.
A better cat and then the rest of the piping.

A cat back is normally just a steel pipe from the cat to the tailpipe, Normally offers little or no performance gain

antnee

soz mite be sounding like a complete idiot...but iv never really understood what a turbo back exhaust was? what does it have that the normal lets say milltek systems dont?
oh rite sounds gd mate how much u reckon thats going to set u back?

As its custom it varies, but from what mates have paid for similar systems, 4-600 for a full Stainless steel system

Aimez

I have got a Milltek cat back only (for now!) on I love the slight burble it makes but I would never have forked out for one but Awesome GTI were doing a ridiculous sale on them so went for it. I wouldn't pay for Milltek brand unless you find one on offer. Also it is not loud but I can't stand loud exhausts would do my head in as it is my only car but that's just my opinion.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
A custom exhaust place will be able to make you a system to your needs. With an off the shelf system like the Milltek the work has been done for you... but it might not be what your after! A good custom place will probably do a good job, its just a case of finding one with a good reputation local to you.

I was lucky and found a Powerflow catback going cheap on eBay...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.