Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Intercooler is now on, and what a pain in the arse it was!
3AzA95l.jpg

NMeRKGB.jpg

OlmdZPI.jpg

6UnYN1D.jpg

Glad that it’s all on and hopefully I’ll never have to touch it again:thumbup:

Last edited:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Few new mods added yesterday!
5796166E-74D3-4765-8E23-591EBA24A5E0.jpeg

White-line Rear Anti-roll bar added

DC1hpwp.jpg

Dark Ice Design gas bonnet struts added too!

Also received my 42 Draft Design solid shifter bushings but I’m unsure of the fitting process. Don’t want to mess with the linkage lengths if I can help it. So if anyone reads this and has installed them, please message me!

Vrakasy

Jan 17, 2016
Greece
You can try the oem turbo 04L253056M Standard on Passat Tiguan cr190 it is straight swap with few mods on intercooler piping and water cooling pipes. It is capable for 220-230 hp with no loss at low revs and keeping the cost much lower than going hybrid

Reactions: jdmsx

jdmsx

Away washing the car
You can try the oem turbo 04L253056M Standard on Passat Tiguan cr190 it is straight swap with few mods on intercooler piping and water cooling pipes. It is capable for 220-230 hp with no loss at low revs and keeping the cost much lower than going hybrid
This is new info to me! Never heard of that setup before, thank you for the reply! I’m still undecided as to what I do want to do long-term. I do have money saved up to do the turbo upgrade but I’m wanting a second car as well so I don’t really know what my goal is yet. I just want over the 200hp mark, which I’m sure it’ll make with another map now. Plenty for a daily driver.

Vrakasy

Jan 17, 2016
Greece
This is new info to me! Never heard of that setup before, thank you for the reply! I’m still undecided as to what I do want to do long-term. I do have money saved up to do the turbo upgrade but I’m wanting a second car as well so I don’t really know what my goal is yet. I just want over the 200hp mark, which I’m sure it’ll make with another map now. Plenty for a daily driver.
Turbo costs about 300£ on eBay and you can find it cheaper in Uk yards. Safe remap hardly gives you 400nm and 190 real hp which is 0-200 in 27 sec! I ve gone this way too with standard turbo. With the 04L253056M you start from 400nm 190 hp oem power and with remap you can reach 540nm and 230 Hp And that makes 0-200 In 21 sec which is very fast fast for an oil burner

Reactions: jdmsx

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Turbo costs about 300£ on eBay and you can find it cheaper in Uk yards. Safe remap hardly gives you 400nm and 190 real hp which is 0-200 in 27 sec! I ve gone this way too with standard turbo. With the 04L253056M you start from 400nm 190 hp oem power and with remap you can reach 540nm and 230 Hp And that makes 0-200 In 21 sec which is very fast fast for an oil burner
I like the sound of this. Is there much lag due to it being an upgraded turbo? My initial plan was a hybrid turbo, remap, 4 bar map sensor and labour for £1500 but this seems way cheaper!
You mentioned changes to intercooler piping and water cooling, what changes are needed exactly?

Vrakasy

Jan 17, 2016
Greece
I like the sound of this. Is there much lag due to it being an upgraded turbo? My initial plan was a hybrid turbo, remap, 4 bar map sensor and labour for £1500 but this seems way cheaper!
You mentioned changes to intercooler piping and water cooling, what changes are needed exactly?
The turbo is oem on Audi q2 and VW tiguan with 190 hp 400nm and 210-220 hp are Easy to reach but it might be you will need better flywheel and front brakes 312 mm from tt mk1 and intercoller if you drive it hard if you want to have more power a dpf delete and a straight pipe are the solution
GOOD TUNING DAYS

Vrakasy

Jan 17, 2016
Greece
The turbo is oem on Audi q2 and VW tiguan with 190 hp 400nm and 210-220 hp are Easy to reach but it might be you will need better flywheel and front brakes 312 mm from tt mk1 and intercoller if you drive it hard if you want to have more power a dpf delete and a straight pipe are the solution
GOOD TUNING DAYS
GOOD TUNING DAYS
I forgot the lag is not to mention since it is oem it is almost the same at low revs because it is the fastest spooling single turbo and pulls much harder up to 4200 rev. I think it is the best value for money turbo. Avoid the 184 from golf a3 q3 it has different behaviour

jdmsx

Away washing the car
I forgot the lag is not to mention since it is oem it is almost the same at low revs because it is the fastest spooling single turbo and pulls much harder up to 4200 rev. I think it is the best value for money turbo. Avoid the 184 from golf a3 q3 it has different behaviour
Does the Q2 turbo just bolt on though? What else is needed to make it work? You mentioned changes to intercooler piping and water pipes?

Vrakasy

Jan 17, 2016
Greece
Does the Q2 turbo just bolt on though? What else is needed to make it work? You mentioned changes to intercooler piping and water pipes?
Water pipes need to be adapted because the new one has also watercooling pipes ( can be bought together with the turbo)
Intercooler Pipe just soft mod to fit on the new turbo.
I mentioned that if you have a Heavy Right foot you should add a bigger intercooler and a better clutch

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Water pipes need to be adapted because the new one has also watercooling pipes ( can be bought together with the turbo)
Intercooler Pipe just soft mod to fit on the new turbo.
I mentioned that if you have a Heavy Right foot you should add a bigger intercooler and a better clutch
Which water pipes exactly? I have already uprated the intercooler and have just installed a new clutch so that’ll be okay!

Vrakasy

Jan 17, 2016
Greece
So them pipes just replace the ones currently on the car, to fit the new turbo? No custom fabrication or anything?
Small custom fabrication is required by your mechanic because the turbo you have now on your car does not have any water cooling Pipes, the existing turbo is not water cooled . You need to adapt these 2 pipes on the existing watercooling circuit of your engine.

Last edited:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Small custom fabrication is required by your mechanic because the turbo you have now on your car does not have any water cooling Pipes, the existing turbo is not water cooled . You need to adapt these 2 pipes on the existing watercooling circuit of your engine.
Yeah, I did wonder that as I knew the oem turbo is not watercooled. Where are the new watercooled lines connected to?

Vrakasy

Jan 17, 2016
Greece
Yeah, I did wonder that as I knew the oem turbo is not watercooled. Where are the new watercooled lines connected to?
I forgot to mention that on the new turbo is a hole normally for recycling gasses that needs to be sealed.
Air Intake Temperature 4bar MAP Sensor 03K906051 Bosch 0281006059 is also required.

Attachments

• 3EBBC49B-6055-4970-AB6E-C489C3B66EDE.jpeg
    3EBBC49B-6055-4970-AB6E-C489C3B66EDE.jpeg
    900.1 KB · Views: 170
  • D94C749C-9B71-4E53-B28C-E8A5F22A5BE4.jpeg
    D94C749C-9B71-4E53-B28C-E8A5F22A5BE4.jpeg
    831.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Not been on here for a while, just thought I’d have a quick look at the new and improved website. Got a fairly large goodie on it’s way to me to hopefully see a good 30-40hp increase and get me over that 200hp mark. Will also be getting a larger downpipe made up for it shortly too. Been on furlough since the middle of March so looking at other ways of spending money rather than on fuel haha! For now, I’ll just add a photo and will update when something new occurs...

032BF061-CC60-4926-94C1-5DF7E33E9546.jpeg

Reactions: Jimbobcook

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Short n sweet update. Not really much happening still in terms of mods recently. Just been getting the car prepared for it’s MOT time so new discs and pads all round and also a new set of rear shocks to be put on. Apart from that, I have finally gotten hold of a set of wheels I mentioned quite some time ago.

When first looking for a set of wheels, I remember seeing this photo and instantly falling in love with the look. The car in picture changed hands a few times and well, it met it’s fate with fire.
6D822966-D9B7-4978-86E8-969598600056.jpeg

Sooooo it would’ve been rude not to buy the wheels from it then, and that’s just what I’ve done! Fifteen52 Turbomacs
79DDE050-C07F-46B5-A8D2-400FE12B3E48.jpeg

Do need a refurb, and one of the tyres has fire damage but I got them for a good price and can’t wait to see what they will look like on the car. Had someone photoshop them onto the car and shows the look I’ll be going for. Unsure on what colour to do them but here’s a brief look on the idea
F4331703-CC96-47CF-948D-1D7B61A83185.jpeg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.