Moi's '95 Mk2 Ibiza now GONE!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Llyr my man, the car is looking awesome,

Didnt realise the polo bumpers were a direct fit, will look into it ;)
Did you manage to get the bumper in tornado red as standard or did you spray it?
Oh and what backbox is that?

I really need to get on doing mine but its too cold and wet :cry: lol

Much love

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Hey Arun - long time no speak!...

Thank you, I try haha :p

And yes - that Polo your grandparents have, that bumper would fit straight on, with some persuasion of course. And the slam panel design is slightly different, but this only means that the two lower bolts on the bumper aren't used. But the screws that all hold it in place to the wheel arch liners etc, compensate for that.

I'm going to get both bumpers re-sprayed I think. They don't match perfectly, different shade. The tornado red on your grannie's Polo is a bit mustier than ours :)

And as for the backbox, Haven't a clue what make it is tbh, I got it from a guy for £20, who has an awesome VW Caddy (with a Mk3 Seat Ibiza front end). :D

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
looks proper matey, also looks clean without the skirts

Thanks Crezz! Your GTi is awesome, and I don't know if it crossed your mind when you glanced at the "after" photo above, but it's kinda copying yours. :p You have a similar one of your GTi don't you ;) ha.

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Slap a pair of these on the back too. Only 15mm (would've preferred 20 - 25mm?), but will bring them out a bit hopefully. Decent Eibach ones, so they'll do for now :);

Photo1248.jpg

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Yeah has been a while!

I dont think my g-rents will take to kindly to me taking their bumpers off and replacing them with black plastic ones lmao.

BTW my spacers are 20mm, I'm actually after 15mm ones... my 17's scrape the arches when they're spaced

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Haha I wasn't suggesting that you should do it, just saying that it's possible! ;)

What spacers have you got? Are they hubcentric? Do you want a swap? :p

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
They are hub centric :D

And yes I would very much like to do that :D

But you'll have to hold on a few weeks, I've got them on with my steels, but when I get the alloys back on they'll be coming off :)

BTW mine are in better condition than yours so i suggest you clean them up first :p

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
It derives from the first letter of my registration obviously :)... but Isabella?! Where the hell did you get that from!? I had her down as more of a Dorothy tbh :p

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
And what do you think of White wing mirrors, and the Seat decals in white (front and rear?) I was tempted to get the lower grills for the bumper, with 2 foglights, and the surrounds for those and the central grill sprayed white? Too much maybe? The front would begin to look like a Hollywood celebrity smile maybe?

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
And what do you think of White wing mirrors, and the Seat decals in white (front and rear?) I was tempted to get the lower grills for the bumper, with 2 foglights, and the surrounds for those and the central grill sprayed white? Too much maybe? The front would begin to look like a Hollywood celebrity smile maybe?

Issabella because its an Ibiza (the I) and Issabella sounds Spanish :p

And like I've always said your car needs more white, so yes to the door mirrors and get your roof done!!!

I'm thinking of doing something really crazy this summer, want to save up for coilies, then get something like a lambo orange roof and wheels to match, will look very different :D

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Awesome ideas mate! haha, go for it! :p can't wait to see this! Get some photoshop ideas up again! :)

Can you get white vinyl? I'd rather vinyl it maybe and then later on spray it if I really like it?

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Yeah you can, give it a search, last time I checked for a sheet of vinyl it was around £25.

You'll have to send me decent pics of your car, cant chop mine with that idea because of the stripes :p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.