MOT Failure - Emissions

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
It's a narrowband sensor Phil and i know it should be bouncing back and forth but it's not!

I'm not sure of the blocks, never noted them down.

The values i mentioned eariler are fixed and do not move which is defo not right.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
These are all the groups and columns that are assosiated with O2 sensers we found on vag-com.

001 (C1) 0.0%
006 (C1) 4 - 4.7%
030 (C1) 110 constant. (C2) 010 & 110
032 (C1) 0.0% (C2) 0.0%
033 (C1) 0.0% (C2) 0.860v
034 (C1) 0.00sec (C4) Test off
036 (C1) 0.780-5v (C2) TEST
041 (C1) 0.30 k ohms (C2) HTG.S1 on (C4) HTG.S2 on & OFF, switching between.
099 (C3) 0.0% (C4) O2-Reg. Off
107 (C2) 0.0%.

I've tested the probe connection to the ECU connector and all four wires are ringing out. We've also tried 4 pre cat probes in total all of which gave the same result.

I've also fitted the correct resistors to the stuff i've removed eliminating that idea.

Also my apexi turbo timer has a A/F ratio display and it's reads 14.2 nearly all the time.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Yip, something else foooked but i don't know what.

When scott gets back from training i'll swap over his fpr and if that doesn't work we'll try his ecu. And if that doesn't work fook knows:cry:

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
So what do you think that points to? It has been exactly the same with 3 different pre cat lambda's and 2 post and last night we tried on a standard cat and it was the same.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
same on MAF connected and disconnected?
Does adjusting fuel terms in lemmi have any measurable effect?

Does swapping 4bar for 3bar fix fueling of just swing fuel trims the other way?

etc etc etc

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Maf has no effect.

What is lemmi?

Just away to try swapping the fpr for a know good one and if that fails we're going to swap over the ecu from my brother's cupra.

bigboost

did you sort this mate, just out of curiosity, did you put your evap back in and see, thats part of emmision control. and can you let me know wahat it was, cheers

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Still not fixed, although i've ordered a new MAF and just picked up a coolant sensor this afternoon. A couple of people have suggested it could be the coolant sensor so fingers crossed.

EVAP system still out and resistor still in place, no fault codes from that. Is the EVAP system not just a vent system for the fuel tank?

I've also removed the secondary air injection system with the appropriate resistor fitted to that also.

Got the AIT and MAP sensor out for cleaning again.

Swapped over the 4 Bar FPR the other day for a known good regulator, no change, Cheers Andy!;)

bigboost

i was thinking evap as it vents off manifold aswell which could be the problom, not venting off so over feuling, could be worth a try, if the car runs sweet then highly unlikly to be aqnything like a sensor or youd know surely?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Little update, replaced the following last week MAF, Coolant sensor and vac hoses, spark plugs. I had the IC and pipe work off on wed and tested it for leaks - none. Removed the standard dp & cat refitted 3" dp & cat, made sure all mani and turbo bolts were tight. A couple of the mani bolts had to be nipped up 1/4 of a turn. Going to be getting the in for testing again when i get back.

Bill what is lemmi?

Would removing the secondary air injection system contribute to my problems in any way?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
lemmiwinks is lemmi - REVO programme.
there's a custom code version called custom settings and unitronic version also which i have used which works with vagcom usb cable fine.

unisetting.jpg

right click save as>> http://www.unitronic.ca/unisetting/UniSettings Bosch ME7.zip

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Baz - I have the new style VAGCOM cable if its required and can come oot and help.