Take one uber sexy AP racing caliper from an MGF Trophy

BrakeUpgrade%20(2).jpg

Mix in one angle grinder, gentle applied

BrakeUpgrade%20(3).jpg

Remove fat

BrakeUpgrade%20(4).jpg

Mill surface and drill and tap two M12 Hydracoils

BrakeUpgrade.jpg

Turn two solid Aluminum billets into two identical alloys bells, Powder coat black

BrakeUpgrade%20(5).jpg

Buy 16V mk2 golf hub from scrappy - same as on MK2 ibiza to check alignement

BrakeUpgrade%20(7).jpg

Buy German forged steel bracket and machine posts flat and perpendicular -ready for fitting Sexy workmanship - caliper now repainted too!

BrakeUpgrade%20(8).jpg

Assemble bells onto the Audi TT 312mm Discs that you have parted off and had grooved, star design pat pend! Zinc coat disc for extra bling

BrakeUpgrade%20(10).jpg

Assemble final time and remachine if neccessary

BrakeUpgrade%20(11).jpg

Bolt on and laugh your little ass off... i love working in a metal fab shop!

What does everyone think - sexy? 312mm under a standard 16" cupra rim - anyone beat that?? It has been a bit of a mission it took about a month of evenings and mornings around work but i think it has been worthwhile, i fully bled the system with braided lines at the weekend and they seem incredible! i think i have managed to do the whole thing for sub £550 - i think i have saved a lot of cash??

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
Looking good. Gotta be happy with that.

Where did you get the bells/discs made up?

I bought the discs from GSF for £55, then had the bells made at BFP in bridgend and they also grooved the disc, i made them up

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Any chance you could give me some details on the bells?

I need some made up for my 312mm TT conversion. Godspeed quoted me 350 quid for bells and discs.

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
Thats a FOOKIN' outrage give Jay a ring on 01656 656201 and tell him you know me (Greg works at customised Sheet Metal) and he should be able to beat that price!

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
C'ant stop looking at the pics!!!

Very inspiring!! I want to go and start machining some metal!!!

How much extra would you estimate to get someone/where to do the machining?

MG's do serve a purpose afterall!!!!

DC

Last edited:

Harry's cupra

What to do
Oct 8, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Does look like a quality job, although aren't the holes in the discs a little edgy? What size discs are those calipers supposed to run? I thought they ran 304mm discs on the MGF Trophy?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
That's awesome !

Been looking at these on eBay for a while now. If you'd sub-con out your services I may have some Nissan Micra owners who would be very interested in these ... and the girlfriend's car would look greatly improved :D

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I was wondering if SEAT had given you a call yet? They seem to be struggling with brakes for the MkII LEON Cupra :whistle:

Out of interest, what grade bolts have you used to bolt it all up?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members