My car dropped on AP coilies!!

Mar 8, 2007
Got mine on my Fabia VRS this saturday, fitted by a local guy (top bloke)

Big hammer got the drivers side strut out.

See what you mean about the nut on top of the front ones!

Went for a driver after fitting and it was knocking like fork.

Airgun sorted em out.

Mar 8, 2007
Pics for anyone interested :)

tb002.jpg

tb001.jpg

nam

May 29, 2007
Northwest
joel has your got the adjuster rings in the back? also what do you mean about the top nut on the front ones? i'm fitting mine on the week end.

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
Well heres the car is all it's dirty glory lol,
Got the fronts half way down the coil, could drop a further 30m - 50mm without a probelm lol
Got the rears with just the base plate of the cups in, the blue winder has been removed, TBH the rear would only drop another 10mm if I was lucky.

Overall the kit is fantastic for the money, the ride is soo good, harder then standard yet smooth??
Take the bumps without a problem, not hit a pot hole yet so I can't advise on that.
Just a little dissapointed with how low the the back drops, could do with going another 30mm but that aint gonna happen.

For now i'm really chuffing inpressed and all my worries have vanished.

The kit it's self feels really good in hand, there very easy to fit, if you can get it off the ground and get under it then I would really sugest you drop off the drive shafts from the gearbox as it takes the piss on how easy they are to fit as soon as they're off!!!

The fitting guide on this site is good but trust me, once the shaft are out, the old unit slip out without the need for spiring compressors!!

Anyway, less bable and more pics.

BEFORE

DSC00163.jpg

AFTER

DSC00309.jpg

Looks EXACTLY like mine :D. I've got Weitec GT's on mine. back screwed all the way down but not taken anything out and the front about half way down. Looks so much better than standard!

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
Oh, and I agree about the drive shafts thing! It's a pain in the ar*e trying to do it with them still in!

Mar 8, 2007
Do you get get clunking/ knocking noises when turning at low speed and driving low speed over speed bumps?

We had lots of knocking at first because the top mounts weren't tight.

Got an impact gun on them and it stopped it.

However the left hand side (passenger) is sometimes making clunk noises (not loud, but noticable if stereo and fans are off) at low speed over bumps, and both sides when turning the wheel and moving at low speeds.

Is it normal for cheap coilovers to make some noise?

I did fit shortened droplinks with these but wasn't sure if they were needed?

Did you fit shorter droplinks basssound? IF NOT, I'll put some standards back in.

Cheers.

Mar 8, 2007
I have fitted the shorter links and as you can see I'm not silly low at the front, could this be causing my knocking noise at low speed car park manouveres?

nam

May 29, 2007
Northwest
suppose it could do really yea, if there to short they could pull the ARB up and it could be knocking.

when i ordered mine awesome told my they are not needed on the ibiza, only on the MK4 golf.

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
I've left the original ones in as i'm only half way down the coilover.
I do get the odd noise but TBH thats to be expected when dropping the car and suspension parts are not in the OEM position.
I do get the odd knock when at crawling speed and with the full lock on when going over a curb ect.....

nam

May 29, 2007
Northwest
I've left the original ones in as i'm only half way down the coilover.
I do get the odd noise but TBH thats to be expected when dropping the car and suspension parts are not in the OEM position.
I do get the odd knock when at crawling speed and with the full lock on when going over a curb ect.....

i get that on ome sus though so its nothing to worry about :) mine will be done this weekend :) cant wait

Mar 8, 2007
Found out how to stop the creaking when manouvering

Get some white spray grease (longer lasting than wd40) and spray it around the base of the spring where it sits on the adjuster.

No more creaks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.